Google Drive not showing as "complete action" option

UptownProject

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Recently purchased TabPro. I noticed when using hangouts I tried attaching a picture and didn't get Google Drive as an (Comple action using pop up) option. This also happened then trying to upload a file to a website. However I get Dropbox as an option. Is this happening to anyone else within other apps? Also is there a quick fix? Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Recently purchased TabPro. I noticed when using hangouts I tried attaching a picture and didn't get Google Drive as an (Comple action using pop up) option. This also happened then trying to upload a file to a website. However I get Dropbox as an option. Is this happening to anyone else within other apps? Also is there a quick fix? Thanks.

Just to be clear, you do have Drive installed right? When you click "Attach photo" you should get a new window to select the photo - it's the stock Photo App. Pull the menu out and you'll have a list of options to select a photo with. Drive should be at the top.

Let us know if you have further questions.

UptownProject

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Just to be clear, you do have Drive installed right? When you click "Attach photo" you should get a new window to select the photo - it's the stock Photo App. Pull the menu out and you'll have a list of options to select a photo with. Drive should be at the top.

Let us know if you have further questions.

I have app installed. When I click on attach photo I get my stock gallery app, Google photos app and Drop Box. No Google drive. Stock gallery app has pics from Picasso and what's on my device not Drive photos. This also happens when trying to upload a file on a webpage. I'll upload photos. So you can see q visual. Note DropBox is a cloud provider so Drive should pop up. Which it does on my Droid Maxx. Thanks bud

Grue42

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I am having this issue as well on my GS4 (I realize this is a Pro thread, but it seems to be cross-system). For me, it happened after the last OS update where Google Drive stopped being an option in the "complete action using" dialog (eg Hangouts, Messages). Dropbox is still an option.
I thought this new system update would fix it, but it hasn't.
I've tried uninstalling updates to Drive, restarting, and uninstalling/reinstalling Drive to no avail. I've also cleared all the defaults to all the relevant apps.
Does anyone have any thoughts on repairing or working around this?
Thanks!

KINGLIFER

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Same here. I even installed the "Complete action plus" mod (found in the playstore) and the function "get" is not part of Google drive. They must have removed it. I am going to go to androiddrawer.com and find an older version and see if that helps.