Google Fit Issues

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
What's wrong with Fit app on the watch? It can track virtually the same activities as LG Health and a few more (like push ups etc.).

Check out the original post, but in short, Fit on the watch is great. But when my phone gets connected to the watch, it overwrites the watch data with the Fit data on the phone. Really annoying...

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Check out the original post, but in short, Fit on the watch is great. But when my phone gets connected to the watch, it overwrites the watch data with the Fit data on the phone. Really annoying...

We already sorted that out. We also established that LG Health data is merged on the watch with Fit data. So, you have the same exact issue to merge it on the phone. I only use LG Health app out of laziness because it is only a button click away (otherwise, the dedicated button on the watch gets wasted).

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
A minor detail, perhaps, but in the few months that I used an Urbane (the original one), the leather band got really grungy from perspiration (gym; 5 days a week, about 90 minutes per day).

I actually think the Urbane is way too nice a device to use for monitoring workouts.
There is no leather band to worry about here :) The only problem I have is the stupid crown button location when I wear it on left hand and doing a push up will most likely hit the button and exist the app (any app).

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
There is no leather band to worry about here :) The only problem I have is the stupid crown button location when I wear it on left hand and doing a push up will most likely hit the button and exist the app (any app).

Ha! My favorite digital watch topic!

Please, someone tell me why there is not a function to flip the watch face on digital watches? That way, no matter which wrist you wear the watch on and whether you wear it with the face on the topside or the underside of the wrist, you could orient the watch face appropriately.

Seriously, why? Just, why?

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
You don't need to flip the watch face to wear on right hand (if you do, you have the same issue). I did that a few times but most of my life, I always wear on left hand proper :)

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You don't need to flip the watch face to wear on right hand (if you do, you have the same issue). I did that a few times but most of my life, I always wear on left hand proper :)

But, if you want to wear it on the right hand with the crown towards the hand, don't you need to flip the face?

Sure, you can wear it with the crown towards the elbow, but then it is very difficult to access...

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Only time I need to wear on the right hand is so that the crown towards the elbow and won't be accidentally pressed. And we have watches for around a century now. Those who wear on the right hand (mostly women) have always wear it with crown towards elbow. It will be super weird if you wear the other way (although it makes sense for accessing the crown function).

iAmEFFeX

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I am familiar with your concerns and have had this issue with my LG Watch Urbane (1st edition). However, there is a solution.

First, you need to turn "Activity Detection" off on Fit from within your phone. If you leave that on, your phone will track movement. This seems to cause a conflict if you have a wearable.

Second, activate bluetooth on your phone.

Third, after your activity, check your steps in Fit on your watch. Let's say you have "2,000". Next open Fit on your phone. Now, it may not sync right away. You may only see "0" or "100" or something that doesn't quite add up. However, I usually find that if I close the app and open it back up in a few minutes it DID sync.

You may notice during the syncing process that the steps from your phone replaced those on your watch, but they are not lost. It seems that they actually WILL update on the phone after a few mins.

For example.

Before syncing:
-Phone: 0 Steps
-Watch: 2,0000 Steps

While Syncing:
-Watch: 0 Steps

After Syncing:
-Phone: 2,000 Steps
-Watch: 2,000 Steps

This is just how it works in my case, I'm not sure if it applies to everyone. Don't give up though, the functionality does work. However, Google really dropped the ball with making this app user friendly. It took me forever to achieve what I wanted to. Once you do though, it's great.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
...This is just how it works in my case, I'm not sure if it applies to everyone. Don't give up though, the functionality does work. However, Google really dropped the ball with making this app user friendly. It took me forever to achieve what I wanted to. Once you do though, it's great.

Do your steps seem accurate? Walking or running? Mine are about 60% what they should be after updating my original watch to the updated build. Steps during runs are nowhere close now.

StimulatorCam

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I wear it on my right wrist, I just can't get used to having it on my left even though I'm right handed.
I guess the only reason you'd want to flip the face is if you wore it reversed so the buttons are on the left side.

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I am familiar with your concerns and have had this issue with my LG Watch Urbane (1st edition). However, there is a solution.

First, you need to turn "Activity Detection" off on Fit from within your phone. If you leave that on, your phone will track movement. This seems to cause a conflict if you have a wearable.

Second, activate bluetooth on your phone.

Third, after your activity, check your steps in Fit on your watch. Let's say you have "2,000". Next open Fit on your phone. Now, it may not sync right away. You may only see "0" or "100" or something that doesn't quite add up. However, I usually find that if I close the app and open it back up in a few minutes it DID sync.

You may notice during the syncing process that the steps from your phone replaced those on your watch, but they are not lost. It seems that they actually WILL update on the phone after a few mins.

For example.

Before syncing:
-Watch: 2,0000 Steps

While Syncing:
-Watch: 0 Steps

After Syncing:
-Phone: 2,000 Steps
-Watch: 2,000 Steps

This is just how it works in my case, I'm not sure if it applies to everyone. Don't give up though, the functionality does work. However, Google really dropped the ball with making this app user friendly. It took me forever to achieve what I wanted to. Once you do though, it's great.

Awesome, thanks for the write up! I'll give that a try over the next few days and see how it goes.

Certainly does seem like Google could have made this a little more seamless. And why does syncing take so long!? What is it doing that whole time? It should just shoot the data via Bluetooth and be done with it... weird.

Tab S2 LTE

glenner05

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Another issue i see is the heart rate sensor on the watch. It seems to take my heartbeat every 30mins, although I never configured it to do so. But I'm ok with that. The only problem is that when I take the watch of my wrist and leave it on a table or charge it, it will keep trying to take my heart rate. Even if it doesn't see my pulse, it will not stop. The green led keeps pulsing all night long without stopping. I'm afraid it will break the sensor one day, and it drains the battery too when not charging and not on my wrist.

Posted via the Android Central App

KatBo65

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
I've been having the same issue since June when there were updates to Moto360, AndroidWare, GoogleFit, and Motobody. It has been driving me absolutely crazy. I've tried getting help from Motorolla, but they couldn't seem to help and quite frankly I didn't think the issue was theirs.

I also noticed that it seemed phone data was overwriting my Moto360 data. So I tried turning OFF the sensors for Google fit on my phone, thinking I would just use Motobody for a while... this seems to be helping (I think) I can still see the steps on my Google fit widget on my phone, but the data seems to be coming from my watch and not overwritten by the phone data. I am continuing to wear my old fitbit too, just to verify the results, but this looks promising.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrStrange