Google Maps keeps crashing

Rupin87

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Recently purchased galaxy nexus froom google. Its unrooted stock ics. 4.0.4. Everything was fine till yesterday since then google maps keeps crashing. Cant find any solution. Cleared the cache. Tried uninstalling updates. Reinstalled them. Rebooted the phone. Did a factory reset. No avail. The maps application launches. The tiles are fuzzy. If i try to do anything like scrolling zooming, use the gyroscope the app crashes. Any solutions please? Google maps is quite indispensible. Funnily enough navigation works just fine.

Rupin87

May 26, 2012
Visit site
was not even able to find similar complaints from other people. good to know that am not the only one!! U think that its a problem with google maps? do u have any idea that any other app may cause such a problem?

Cameron777

May 27, 2012
Visit site
This has been happening to me since yesterday, it seems to work fine for a while after a factory reset but the next day it starts crashing again. It also happens immediately after updating maps

eander315

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah this is definitely a widespread problem for Galaxy Nexus users. My wife and a couple friends are also experiencing the same issue. I haven't seen anything on Android Central or Google yet though.

Rupin87

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Well now i do see the trend on google market reviews for maps. There are a lot of complaints as thegreatone pointed out. Just select for this kind of device, latest version only , newest first options while reviewing comments and ull see what i mean.

MooPenguin32

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear this issue. Thankfully I was not affected. Glad to hear it's been fixed. Hopefully it stays that way. It's a shame that an app developed by Google wouldn't work properly on a "pure" Android phone.

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I've had to reboot for other reasons then reboot again because maps and some other programs would not start.

samsangS3

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Google maps decided to stop working for me too on my Galaxy S3. I can find an address then it locks up and slows the whole phone down until it eventually says "maps has stopped working" and quits. Restarting phone doesnt help. Seems to have begun when I selected a satellite overlay. HELP I'm lost in a strange city now! How frustrating!

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Google maps decided to stop working for me too on my Galaxy S3. I can find an address then it locks up and slows the whole phone down until it eventually says "maps has stopped working" and quits. Restarting phone doesnt help. Seems to have begun when I selected a satellite overlay. HELP I'm lost in a strange city now! How frustrating!
You might get better help in the Galaxy S3 section. Your in the Galaxy Nexus section.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zigzagchamber