Google maps, wrong location showing!

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I was using Google maps today and its showing my location 5 km from my home when I'm sitting at home! I've tried hi accuracy mode in the settings, wiped the cache, ininstalled maps. All without success. Even Google earth is reporting the wrong location.
Any ideas on what I can do to resolve it? Factory reset?
How good a job does the restore feature on the pc version of smart switch do at restoring the phone?

Posted via the Android Central App

odd

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Smart switch does a pretty good job - I had to uninstall the phone driver that auto installs in Win7. It is pretty self-explanatory once you boot up the software.

I did not have the GPS issue you described, I had it where the directional arrow of the GPS was constantly going in the wrong direction. It would target my GPS but it wouldn't tell if I was moving forward.

Boot into safe mode, and see if the issue still persist the same as you describe (this should prevent 3rd party apps from being the culprit).

odd

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Smart switch does a pretty good job - I had to uninstall the phone driver that auto installs. It is pretty self-explanatory once you boot up the software.

I did not have the GPS issue you described, I had it where the directional arrow of the GPS was constantly going in the wrong direction. It would target my GPS but it wouldn't tell if I was moving forward.

Boot into safe mode, and see if the issue still persist the same as you describe (this should prevent 3rd party apps from being the culprit).

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I carried out a reset and restore with smartswitch. It did an OK job. It's not as good as the HTC restore where it places the app's back into their original places with the correct amount of screens.
Anyway Map's seems to be working as normal again.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii