Google Messages dual sim MMS.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm having an issue with MMS in Google Messages. I have my personal sim (Verizon) and my work e-sim (Verizon) in my S22 Ultra with the personal sim set as primary.

With Google Messages it says I need to switch Sims before I can send or receive MMS messages. If I switch to Samsung Messages it works perfectly without having to switch the primary sim.

Has anyone else seen this and have you been able to figure it out?

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
No had the same issue with Google messages as well. Both on my S22 Ultra and my Z flip. Unfortunate really as I like messages for the spam blocking.

jusfive5Grand

Nov 26, 2022
Visit site
I'm having an issue with MMS in Google Messages. I have my personal sim (Verizon) and my work e-sim (Verizon) in my S22 Ultra with the personal sim set as primary.

With Google Messages it says I need to switch Sims before I can send or receive MMS messages. If I switch to Samsung Messages it works perfectly without having to switch the primary sim.

Has anyone else seen this and have you been able to figure it out?

The best solution I found was to go to pair device use the messenger.google link to scan barcode. Use a second phone to take a picture of the QR code. Scan that code with the s22 and use the chrome shortcut saved to homescreen for mms messages from the secondary sim. All this to avoid swapping the primary sim for data. Sheesh. First time I've seen this on a dual sim device.

jusfive5Grand

Nov 26, 2022
Visit site
The best solution I found was to go to pair device use the messenger.google link to scan barcode. Use a second phone to take a picture of the QR code. Scan that code with the s22 and use the chrome shortcut saved to homescreen for mms messages from the secondary sim. All this to avoid swapping the primary sim for data. Sheesh. First time I've seen this on a dual sim device.

Lol my secondary sim is a digits beta from T-Mobile with 2g data speeds. So definitely don't want to set as the primary, especially when the speeds are so slow

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phlyx