Google Music & Galaxy Nexus

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Google Music has been an excellent app for me until some recent issues on my Galaxy Nexus, I wanted to get a census if anyone else was having a similar problem and or know of a fix.

During play it randomly lets out a shriek that scares the crap out of me when I'm blasting the tunes on the satellite speakers here at work, I thought it might be the wifi but no it does this on 3g and the same random shriek at home as well. I Googled this problem and it seems to be a Galaxy Nexus inherited problem but found no fixes. This does NOT happen on my other music apps, Spotify, Pandora, etc.

Jedi

Wesiswes

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I get some sort of "BRRRNNNK!!!!" sound. It used to happen whenever the phone was on silent but received some sort of notification, but then it started doing it randomly. I'm also having an issue with it just quitting for no apparent reason. After 20-45 minutes, it just stops mid-song. I've tried playing it in offline mode, and the same thing happens. It just stops. I haven't had issues with Pandora, just Google Music. It really sucks mid-run having to stop, fumble with the phone, and restart Music. Anyone have ideas on what these issues are?

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
That might just be it, a signal problem, I'll try loading it for OFFLINE use and see what happens then. Thanks.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
That might just be it, a signal problem, I'll try loading it for OFFLINE use and see what happens then. Thanks.

I have been unable to reproduce it offline; does it mean that it's a signal issue? Not necessarily. But it happens under heavy load, so it's either (1) solely a signal issue, or (2) a combination of the device itself being taxed heavily while the signal is not the greatest.

Reactions: JkdJedi

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Have never had this happen to me. I stream Google music from the cloud and play podcast everyday. I don't know, it could be related to the wired jack because I only use bluetooth to listen to stuff on my phone.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Have never had this happen to me. I stream Google music from the cloud and play podcast everyday. I don't know, it could be related to the wired jack because I only use bluetooth to listen to stuff on my phone.

Also a possibility. I can force it if I really want to, but I've never tried without it being plugged in.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

This happened at home and at work and I believe both times the phone was plugged in, hmmm. I'll have to try this unplugged. I'd hate to think it's the phone which I highly doubt since all other music apps work perfectly. So I'll give it a go sans the power plug, thanks.
Quick question, might be on to something here. What eq are you using? Beats, DSP, ??
Update:
Well I have a feeling I figured this thing out, still want to give it a real world test (at work) and see if this find will hold out.

If your using DSP manager like I am, TURN OFF/UNCHECK Dynamic Range Compression seems to be the fix.
424a12e2-9227-b441.jpg

Last edited:

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Nope.... :( when I opened up browser it came back ... back to the drawing board.

Sent from my GneX via Tapatalk

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I use Google Music every day and have never had this problem. I'll start listening for it in case I've just been missing it.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I use Google Music every day and have never had this problem. I'll start listening for it in case I've just been missing it.

What sound affects/equalizer are you using? Do you stream (wifi or 3g)? , or are they on your phone for offline play?

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I have been unable to reproduce it offline; does it mean that it's a signal issue? Not necessarily. But it happens under heavy load, so it's either (1) solely a signal issue, or (2) a combination of the device itself being taxed heavily while the signal is not the greatest.

Understanding this a little more today, it sure does seem like a memory management issue. I don't know much about v6 SuperCharger so trying out liberty rom toolbox memory management settings for now (aggressive)

Reactions: dmmarck

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I wish someone would find the issue with the music stopping for no reason. Its not just google music, it happens with other music players like winamp (which I downloaded after to test). Happens playing offline music only as well.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I wish someone would find the issue with the music stopping for no reason. Its not just google music, it happens with other music players like winamp (which I downloaded after to test). Happens playing offline music only as well.

Might try a different kernel, I haven't gone there yet.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artiefischel99