Google Nexus 6 on AT&T

oastjc

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Nexus 6 show Coming soon on AT&T

I wouldn't say no information at all. We've had several bloggers (both AC and AP in their podcasts) mention the 12th as retail day for carriers plural (with T-Mobile being the only one to have said anything), and now an AT&T rep saying to check back in a couple days. At this point, I'd be willing to bet that you will be able to walk into an AT&T store and buy a Nexus 6 this week.

Posted via the Android Central App

hope so

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site

I wouldn't say no information at all. We've had several bloggers (both AC and AP in their podcasts) mention the 12th as retail day for carriers plural (with T-Mobile being the only one to have said anything), and now an AT&T rep saying to check back in a couple days. At this point, I'd be willing to bet that you will be able to walk into an AT&T store and buy a Nexus 6 this week.

All the rep said was that there was no launch date set yet and that you "should check back in a few days." As in, maybe they will have announced a launch date "in a few days", not that it will be available in a few days. I wasn't listening to your conversation, but the way you wrote it, it sounds like the only thing that's going to happen this week is that they MIGHT announce the date they're going to launch it. Sorry if I misread, but that's how I read what you wrote.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

All the rep said was that there was no launch date set yet and that you "should check back in a few days." As in, maybe they will have announced a launch date "in a few days", not that it will be available in a few days. I wasn't listening to your conversation, but the way you wrote it, it sounds like the only thing that's going to happen this week is that they MIGHT announce the date they're going to launch it. Sorry if I misread, but that's how I read what you wrote.

The way it came across in the conversation was more "I can't tell you that you'll be able to order in a couple days, but you will be able to."

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site

The way it came across in the conversation was more "I can't tell you that you'll be able to order in a couple days, but you will be able to."

Sounds like you're hearing what you want to hear.

gagan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
AT&T Announces Nov. 12 Preorders For The Nexus 6

Did not see this posted here.. so thought I would share! Price seems high to me.. What do you guys think?

You can get the Nexus 6 in Midnight Blue for $0 down with AT&T Next for $22.77 per month with AT&T Next 24,2 $28.46 per month with AT&T Next 183 or $34.15 per month with AT&T Next 12.3 You can also purchase Nexus 6 for $249.99 with a two-year agreement4 or $682.99 with no annual commitment.5

I cannot post links.. but check out:
finance.yahoo.com/news/t-announces-nov-12-preorders-142200055.html

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: AT&T Announces Nov. 12 Preorders For The Nexus 6

No white, no 64 GB. That's rather disappointing.

Seems like motorola.com and Play Store are your only options if you're looking for that variant any where.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

No white, no 64 GB. That's rather disappointing.

Seems like motorola.com and Play Store are your only options if you're looking for that variant any where.

I don't know why they didn't just do a 64 GB version and white or blue.... It's only a $50 difference on a $700+ device after taxes....

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

I don't know why they didn't just do a 64 GB version and white or blue.... It's only a $50 difference on a $700+ device after taxes....

When buying full price, yeah it doesn't make a difference, but it might make a difference to how carriers price the units they're trying to sell.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

When buying full price, yeah it doesn't make a difference, but it might make a difference to how carriers price the units they're trying to sell.

Will depend if your doing the two year contract or financing... also would depend on if you can afford to buy it outright or it's easier on you to do the 24 monthly payments.... or if you can get approved for the Motorola credit could be a better deal too vs carrier 0% financing (if you are getting the 64 GB for the same price as the 32 GB from the carrier)...

I get blinded into my own situation....... I am assuming everyone just has $700 laying around...

gagan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

are pre-orders generally online only? or can you do in store? Also, how do pre-order generally work for a new customer? Bringing my number in from Sprint to ATT.

bstein2

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I just thought I'd post this here for reference. Looks like the AT&T online preorders will go up at 11pm CDT according to the ATTDeals twitter account. I would link to it, but I don't have enough posts to post a link.

A chat rep from AT&T said they would be taking preorders in store as well, but I'm not sure how that effects shipping times as people will be ordering overnight.

SRVisGod24

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Really funny that Google has pushed this phone to be bought at carriers...and yet all of them except T-Mobile (32gb in store/online, 64gb online only) will only be offering the 32gb. At least tomorrow is Wednesday, hopefully Motorola will have some along with the play store

doubleblack

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Not that funny, makes perfect sense (as to why they only want 32GB)...this means you need to keep more of your data in the cloud, more data in the cloud = more data you are using = more $$$ for them!

SRVisGod24

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Not that funny, makes perfect sense (as to why they only want 32GB)...this means you need to keep more of your data in the cloud, more data in the cloud = more data you are using = more $$$ for them!

I guess if you look at it like that then it makes sense. Just wish it meant more 64gb phones are available to buy. Nice joke, I know, but I remain hopeful I'll have one before Christmas lol

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

I believe that to be true. But that still does not explain why they are not selling the 32GB version of the white too. It is like the white phones are the poor step-children. I am glad I wanted the Midnight Blue...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tile1