Google Now monitoring my calls?

jdubb127

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
The strangest thing happened today while using my s4. I had a 10 minute conversation on the phone with a friend about weekend plans. The plans included getting a limo and going to a specific venue. This afternoon I noticed that my Google Now app has two new cards on it, the first being limo rental offers in the area, and the second card giving reviews of the venue that was discussed during the call. Is Google Now monitoring my phone conversations? Has anyone else noticed this with their head set ?
Thanks in advance.

Posted via Android Central App

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Wow. That is.... Awesome (if it is used for the right purposes.)

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Last edited:

jdubb127

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Nope, I didn't search anything related to the call. I noticed in my notifications today at one point there was also a notification estimating the travel time from my current location to the venue talked about in the call. The same notification appears usually estimating how far my commute home will be from the current location. Creeping me out...

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Nonsense. At some point you did a search on those subjects and Google remembered even if you didn't.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

jdubb127

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Even if that was true was it a coincidence that those two cards happened to appear 6 hours after a phone call on the same subject? I've got better things to do than start rumors on forums, was just curious if it had happened to anyone else and I was out of the loop. I get bad reception in my house and often it switches to WiFi calling when I lose reception if that makes a difference .

outlooker

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
You either got something related to that in your email, looked it up on Google maps, searched for it on the Internet (if on a different device you're signed in).
There is no way Google found that information from your call.

Jron954

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Even if that was true was it a coincidence that those two cards happened to appear 6 hours after a phone call on the same subject? I've got better things to do than start rumors on forums, was just curious if it had happened to anyone else and I was out of the loop. I get bad reception in my house and often it switches to WiFi calling when I lose reception if that makes a difference .

Big brother is always watching

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm betting you looked up the venue on Google Maps. That's the only time you get travel time to destination cards.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Email or search results are the reason behind it. Even IF Google could listen to your calls for marketing purposes they would deliver those results real time now 6 hours later. That said I don't think they are listening, its not a Moto X after all and that IS always listening (if you turn that feature on anyways).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz