Google Pay setup- someone else's address

gebco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
We bought our Pixel 5 new from our carrier. When we went to set up Google Pay and add our credit card, someone else's address was already in the address field. Thoughts?

Edit, the address points to a hotel . . .

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
We bought our Pixel 5 new from our carrier. When we went to set up Google Pay and add our credit card, someone else's address was already in the address field. Thoughts?

Edit, the address points to a hotel . . .
That's strange because google pay uses a gmail account. I think whatever address you have under the payment section for your google account is what appears under google pay so I don't think it was in google pay and more it was already associated with your Gmail account which means someone who has access to your Gmail account had to have had set it up.

I'm not 100% sure but those are my thoughts.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible you ever filled out an online form and used a hotel address rather than your true home address to avoid getting junk mail? If you had Autofill turned on, Google might have remembered that address.

gebco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Well, we did do the usb transfer from the old phone to the new phone. And the address of the hotel is one we've stayed at. But we've never used that address in anything attached to our information.

Is it possible you ever filled out an online form and used a hotel address rather than your true home address to avoid getting junk mail? If you had Autofill turned on, Google might have remembered that address.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick