Google photos backup and google drive help.

janox05

Apr 26, 2022
Visit site
As we all know google photos used to sync with google drive.
before these services separated, u Could view Your google photos in google drive.

You had that Google Photos section in Your google drive.

Those were Google Photos that were BACKED UP using Google photos auto backup and sync option ?
Or maybe all photos were going there even if auto backup & sync was never enabled?
I dont think so becouse why would they ?

I never used this auto backup and sync feature in my google photos and i wanna know if still i uploaded them to google drive somehow. I dont have access to my google account anymore.

So to clarify:
Google photos that werent backed up using backup and sync option- Do they still were going to google drive? Or in google drive u could only view those that were backed up to the cloud using backup & sync.?

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The Google Photos that were visible in Google Drive were backed up using auto-backup. If you see them, then at some point, they were backed up. If you truly never had auto-backup turned on, those photos would've just remained on the phone's local storage and not been uploaded to the cloud anywhere. Perhaps you or someone else inadvertently switched the backup toggle on at some point, or unwittingly turned it on from some dialog box prompt.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali