Google Pixel XL - Preorder /order/shipping thread

jshamel_99

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
GOOD NEWS...
Telus Laurier, Quebec, called back (1/24) to notify me that they expect to have some Pixel-XL-128 not too late in FEBRUARY.
This is a great information for online buyers that have been delayed to mid-march; there is hope to get it earlier.
^-_-^ Can't wait anymore to get my 1st cell, my own, THE one to have.

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Not hard to believe if it was the 32GB XL because Verizon did have some of those come in stock for a day or so on different occasions.

Yeah both colours of the 32GB XL are in stock on the Canadian Google Store. I think it's still fairly easy to get one through the many carriers that have it here as well. The 128GB seems to be the hard one to get.

I went with the 5.0" Pixel 128GB as I prefer smaller phones and both colours were in stock on the Google store. Got it a few days after ordering.

ST_Jim

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Received and activated 1/24. Only 2 months from the order date of 11/25.

I'm liking the XL display, but it doesn't fit into the hand as nicely as the Pixel. One handed operation is a stretch for the thumb. Still, I think it's a keeper.

Update 3:

Just got a Fedex shipping notification. But I wasn't aware I had ordered anything. Looked at my Verizon web page, and it looks like they shipped me a Google VR headset for $0! I wasn't aware that deal was still going on Black Friday.

Now I'm just waiting for Verizon to issue the Black Friday discounts every month. So far they haven't kicked in, and my paperwork says it takes 2-3 months. I sure wish the online order documents confirmed I get a discount - the only proof I have is a printout I made when I placed the original order. Pixel = $15/mo, 128GB XL = $25/mo.

Anyone have their Black Friday credits kick in yet?

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Update 3:

Just got a Fedex shipping notification. But I wasn't aware I had ordered anything. Looked at my Verizon web page, and it looks like they shipped me a Google VR headset for $0! I wasn't aware that deal was still going on Black Friday.

Now I'm just waiting for Verizon to issue the Black Friday discounts every month. So far they haven't kicked in, and my paperwork says it takes 2-3 months. I sure wish the online order documents confirmed I get a discount - the only proof I have is a printout I made when I placed the original order. Pixel = $15/mo, 128GB XL = $25/mo.

Just bought a phone on Friday (Moto z force) for the wife and we already got the Verizon email confirming my monthly credit. Same deal, half back in credits on the bill every month. I would think if you have the phone it should have already kicked in.

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I went into the Verizon store on 12/21, walked out with a paper receipt indicating a ship date of 1/20. Online it showed a ship date of 2/10 and has until yesterday. This morning there is no estimated ship date and only says status "processing" and "Your order is currently being processed. Please check back later."

Not sure if that's good or bad.

neutron

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Not for new units. With supply so constrained, 3rd party sellers may never get inventory. Prior to the"2"s release, if Figure still has inventory, the price may come down.

Best bet may be Swappa.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I went into the Verizon store on 12/21, walked out with a paper receipt indicating a ship date of 1/20. Online it showed a ship date of 2/10 and has until yesterday. This morning there is no estimated ship date and only says status "processing" and "Your order is currently being processed. Please check back later."

Not sure if that's good or bad.

Exactly the same. Yesterday the 2/10/17 expected ship date vanished and now says same as yours. UGH, I'm not hopeful.

ammarmon

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I had the same thing here. Ordered 12/20 and have always shown an anticipated ship date of 2/10. It no longer has a date. I chatted with a Verizon rep yesterday and he said the ship date would be 3/10 instead and that is "guaranteed" for whatever that is worth.

canawler

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Update 3:

My wife got a Pixel on Black Friday and the credit (and back credits) showed up on the bill she just received last week. Also the $200 gift card for switching from another carrier showed up last week as well so the phone effectively cost $40 plus activation.

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Ordered my black 128GB XL on 12/21 in a Verizon store, printed receipt I walked out with stated a ship date of 1/21. The next day the website showed a ship date of 2/10.

I called several times after reading about getting moved ahead in the line only to be told the only way to do that was to pay full price. They have them in stock but I'd need to give up my promotional deal.

I received a text about my shipment preparing for shipment today, 2/9, and checked online and I now have a FedEx tracking number just like Verizon stated.

It's shipping tomorrow 2/10 and will arrive Monday.

dhoganjr

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Ordered my black 128GB XL on 12/21 in a Verizon store, printed receipt I walked out with stated a ship date of 1/21. The next day the website showed a ship date of 2/10.

I called several times after reading about getting moved ahead in the line only to be told the only way to do that was to pay full price. They have them in stock but I'd need to give up my promotional deal.

I received a text about my shipment preparing for shipment today, 2/9, and checked online and I now have a FedEx tracking number just like Verizon stated.

It's shipping tomorrow 2/10 and will arrive Monday.
Just received a similar text for the Silver XL 128GB I ordered on 11/24/16. No tracking number yet though.

Free VZW Msg: Your order #XXXXXX was received on 02/09/2017. You'll receive a text message with tracking information when your order ships.

mustang8918

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I just received a 32GB XL yesterday in the mail from Google and this morning I see Google finally has the 128GB XL shipping in 3-4 weeks. I just don't know if I want to take the chance on returning this one and then once everything clears they'll probably be out of 128GB again. Decisions, decisions.

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Just received a similar text for the Silver XL 128GB I ordered on 11/24/16. No tracking number yet though.

Free VZW Msg: Your order #XXXXXX was received on 02/09/2017. You'll receive a text message with tracking information when your order ships.

Check online, I still haven't been texted a tracking # but it's shown under "my orders" the their website.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Ordered a black 32gb pixel xl, shows it will come monday or tuesday but im not sure of that i hope though, i ordered a silver one yesterday and was about to go through with it and canceled my blue XL till i saw the silver XL takes 6-7 weeks! The black should be here in a couple days im hoping