Google Pixel XL - Preorder /order/shipping thread

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The Silver XL 128 that I ordered within an hour of go-live and had a arrival date of 10/26-10/28 (Ground Shipping) is on the truck for delivery today.

The Black 32 XL that I ordered on 10/20 (because I am not sure I am going to like the white face of the Silver) with Overnight Shipping and a delivery date of 10/24-10/25 still shows "Pending" so I don't know what is going on there...

Oh yeah, the Silver 128 was ordered from the Google Store; the Black 32 was ordered from the Project Fi store.

James Barger

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
Pixel XL (128 GB, Very Silver) re-ordered on 10/17/16. Has a status of PREORDERED NOVEMBER 18 – 21, 2016
I originally pre-ordered a Pixel 128 GB, Black from Google store, then I ordered the Pixel XL via Project Fi and given the latter date.

I am a bit worried as I will be leaving on the 23 for vacation so I am very hopeful that I get it early but as of this post, there has been no change in status on my order (Greater Atlanta area)

Edit to say that I paid for overnight shipping (wishing I hadn't bothered now).

Last edited:

FrogVomit

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
The Black 32 XL that I ordered on 10/20 (because I am not sure I am going to like the white face of the Silver) with Overnight Shipping and a delivery date of 10/24-10/25 still shows "Pending" so I don't know what is going on there...

Me too. Pretty frigging annoying to pay for overnight shipping, and they can't even give me an updated ship date. It's obviously not coming today.

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Did you order through the play store or Do? I ordered through Fi with an estimated delivery date of 10/25-10/26 with overnight shipping. Still "pending". I'm not too confident of it shipping today to get tomorrow from what I've been reading.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Me too. Pretty frigging annoying to pay for overnight shipping, and they can't even give me an updated ship date. It's obviously not coming today.

I'm not entirely certain - I seem to recall that I had a similar experience with my current Nexus 6P; it arrived before or only shortly after the web site updated to show it had shipped.

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm not entirely certain - I seem to recall that I had a similar experience with my current Nexus 6P; it arrived before or only shortly after the web site updated to show it had shipped.

Google's been telling a lot of people that its out of stock the day the devices are meant to be delivered.

FrogVomit

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

It was definitely similarly botched with my 6P. The agonizing wait for it to change from "pending" to "processing", and then the further agony of waiting for it to change from "processing" to "shipped" ... But my email trail shows they sent me a "shipped" notification on 9/27, and FedEx tracking shows it was shipped on 9/27 and delivered on 9/28. Sadly, I'm fairly confident that "pending" means "we haven't done a goddamned thing yet".

I just know my life is going to be so much better with the Pixel XL than it is with the 6P that I wanted so desperately a year ago, and now cannot wait to be rid of. I'm pathetic!

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I ordered from Verizon on 10/16 and I got a confirmation showing 10/28 as the delivery date. The website shows 10/28 as the ship date. It hasn't shipped yet.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
It was definitely similarly botched with my 6P. The agonizing wait for it to change from "pending" to "processing", and then the further agony of waiting for it to change from "processing" to "shipped" ... But my email trail shows they sent me a "shipped" notification on 9/27, and FedEx tracking shows it was shipped on 9/27 and delivered on 9/28. Sadly, I'm fairly confident that "pending" means "we haven't done a goddamned thing yet".

I just know my life is going to be so much better with the Pixel XL than it is with the 6P that I wanted so desperately a year ago, and now cannot wait to be rid of. I'm pathetic!

Pathetic? I have a window open on my desktop with live view of my company's loading dock security camera so I'll know immediately when the FedEx truck gets here.

Now, that's pathetic! :)

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site
The Silver XL 128 that I ordered within an hour of go-live and had a arrival date of 10/26-10/28 (Ground Shipping) is on the truck for delivery today.

Oh yeah, the Silver 128 was ordered from the Google Store; the Black 32 was ordered from the Project Fi store.

Did you order through the play store or Fi? I ordered through Fi with an estimated delivery date of 10/25-10/26 with overnight shipping. Still "pending". I'm not too confident of it shipping today to get tomorrow from what I've been reading.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Did you order through the play store or Fi? I ordered through Fi with an estimated delivery date of 10/25-10/26 with overnight shipping. Still "pending". I'm not too confident of it shipping today to get tomorrow from what I've been reading.

The Silver 128 was ordered from the Play Store; the Black 32 from Fi. I wasn't paying attention when I placed the first order (Silver 128) and got "standard" ground shipping - since it shipped 10/20, it would have arrived last Friday had I not made that mistake.

mixpix405

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Mine is finally "out for delivery" after sitting in a facility for 4 days. FOUR DAYS. It was torture. But waiting for the delivery driver to arrive is almost as bad.

Kangda

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
For those that ordered from the Google Store--when your "Preordered" status changed, was the change in status reflected on your general Order History page? Do you need to click on Order Details to actually see any change in order status? Namely, will your Order History page still say "Preordered" with the actual Order Details saying "Pending" or will the status be changed on both the Order History page and the Order Details page? Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol