Google Pixel XL - Preorder /order/shipping thread

imartez

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered and XL 32 on 10/7 through the Google store but it is still in pending status. The delivery date hasn't changed though, still showing 10/21-10/24. Anyone else who ordered on 10/7 seeing the same? I chose expedited shipping as well.

I ordered the same day as you (Black, XL, 32GB), still in Pending status. I also ordered an additional charger on 10/8 and that has shipped. Very frustrating, but I'm sure they will get to it eventually, just need to be patient

ikarmag

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I just confirmed with Verizon sales that if your pre order has an expected ship date that they will ship on that date and will not be back ordered until Nov18.

Yeah they told me this too. But they couldn't even verify that I had indeed received the email indicating that my order had been pushed back and couldn't verify that my ship date changed. I got email with my order # and new shipping date. If they do ship out all the 128gigs today to people who got this email I will be absolutely livid.

k.scott

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Yeah they told me this too. But they couldn't even verify that I had indeed received the email indicating that my order had been pushed back and couldn't verify that my ship date changed. I got email with my order # and new shipping date. If they do ship out all the 128gigs today to people who got this email I will be absolutely livid.
Livid is right... I am standing outside a Verizon store right now waiting to try and get one through the store.

Jeffm201

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
I ordered the same day as you (Black, XL, 32GB), still in Pending status. I also ordered an additional charger on 10/8 and that has shipped. Very frustrating, but I'm sure they will get to it eventually, just need to be patient

I just spoke with Google support and they assured me that there was nothing wrong with my order. I even brought up the instances about other people in pending status found out their order was actually cancelled. She said there have been some cases were there was a payment issue and the order was cancelled but very rare. She also said the expected shipping date on the order is still valid and many orders are actually shipping earlier. So hopefully they get to us today!

imartez

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just spoke with Google support and they assured me that there was nothing wrong with my order. I even brought up the instances about other people in pending status found out their order was actually cancelled. She said there have been some cases were there was a payment issue and the order was cancelled but very rare. She also said the expected shipping date on the order is still valid and many orders are actually shipping earlier. So hopefully they get to us today!

Thanks for the update!!
I hope so, fingers crossed!

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I just got something from fedex.

IMG_0655.JPG

piperdr2

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
Just wanted to give an update for a Canadian purchaser, to provide more information for anybody still waiting.

Ordered on 10/4 minutes after the launch event ended via the Google Store. Black 32GB XL, standard (free) shipping.

Initial delivery estimate was Oct 24-31.

Credit card was charged Oct 18 and order went from Pending to Closed, then Processing. Delivery estimate Oct 25-Nov 1.

Order went to Shipped status Oct 19 @ 12:10PM and was picked up by Canada Post at 7:53PM. On the truck for delivery today.

Way earlier than expected. I was hoping for Friday, thought Monday (the 24th) was realistic, didn't expect today.

sag7392

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Update! After speaking with GS support a few minutes ago, I was told everything was good to go. My order is processing and my online order history is incorrect for the Pixel. The rep stated it has been slow to update, but I should see changes soon. I was also sent the below email to confirm things are good to go.

Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 84848 AM.jpg

Now feel like I can rest easy!

k.scott

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
There are no 128gigs anywhere. There is one XL within 50 miles of me and I checked right before Verizon opened.
I was reassured last nite that this store had them... Waited two hours in line this morning and then the one xl 128 they got was made a demo! So no go! Man I am ticked

anon(257429)

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I just confirmed with Verizon sales that if your pre order has an expected ship date that they will ship on that date and will not be back ordered until Nov18.

Another CS just told me that it is delayed until Nov 18. Even though 10 hours ago, they said it would ship today. Nobody knows at Verizon. Their CS is pretty bad at these things.

ikarmag

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I was reassured last nite that this store had them... Waited two hours in line this morning and then the one xl 128 they got was made a demo! So no go! Man I am ticked

I was told to wait until today to see if my order shipped which he assured it would. He said if it didn't I could go to the Verizon store because they had 17 128 gigs available. I checked this morning and there were ZERO. Good thing I switched my order to an XL 32 gig last night so I wouldn't miss out on the Daydream VR promo. But now my order says "On Hold" and nobody knows why. My card has been charged too. I wrote a long email to Verizon Executive Services outlining all the times they dropped the ball since I have been a customer starting in August. Not a very good first impression.

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
On 10/4, before 11:30 am (GMT -7), I ordered my XL in Quite Black with 128 GB (in addition to a Chromecast Audio) using standard shipping.

Shipment info to FedEx today (10/20) at 12:35 am (GMT -8) and arrived at FedEx at 3:42 am. Expected delivery (in NM, USA) is tomorrow! Exciting.

Too bad I'm going camping in the morning. I'll have to hold at a FedEx location, but the option to do so is currently grayed out. Hopefully this option becomes available once it actually gets under way.

Still haven't decided on whether or not to buy a case. Probably will, but disappointed that the OEM ones are still "Coming Soon." I also wanted to buy the 15W (older) charger for work, but they're out of stock.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
No, if Hold at Location is grayed out, it's not an option. I went through this last year. The shipper can prohibit this. Ostensibly its to prevent someone else from diverting your shipment and picking it up in your place.

Gefecht

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Bah, there was a 2 hour window in which there would be no one at my house, guess who picked that time to deliver. Just got an email from FedEx saying delivery exception due to no one being able to sign. I hope they will allow me to pick it up from the FedEx local office today. They already changed it to redeliver tomorrow but I will not be there again. At least it is on the way unlike a few people in here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kitezpro