Google Play Music App constantly runs now?

Kdubbn

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I recently went JB 4.1 and I have a lot of unexplained lagging on my phone. One of the apps that has started running constantly in the background is the Google Play Music App. It never did this prior to the update. I can force stop it but with in a few minutes it has restarted, is this normal? Is this why my phone seems to lag, severely at times, for no reason that I can see? I'm pretty new to Android and extremely new to JB and my Note and I'm starting to get concerned about the ongoing issues I'm having now. Any thoughts would be wonderful :p

Mark Joseph

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem with my SG3, except my Google Play Music keeps crashing and I didn't have it on. I just purchased PowerAmp and I'm wondering if there's a compatibility issue.

KSoD

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It wasn't the update to JB that caused the constant Music app to be on. It was the update to the Play Music app that came right around the time of the I/O that just happened. That update with the new features are what is causing rhis issue. Uninstall that update will fix the issue.

Personally I just froze the app. I use PowerAmp anyways.

Posted via Android Central App

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I had the crashing problem after I updated to Play Music 5.0 on my Note 2 (though not on my Note 10.1). I rolled back the update, and after I went back and updated again after a couple of days, it ran fine. HOWEVER, I am also having this problem with the damned thing constantly running in the background. I force stop it but this does no good ... seconds later, it's back. Looking at it in task manager, it disappears for a few seconds every once and a while, but always comes back, using up to 29% of the CPU at times! I only became alerted to it after my battery life became really bad a couple of days ago -- right after I reinstalled the update. WTF?

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It wasn't the update to JB that caused the constant Music app to be on. It was the update to the Play Music app that came right around the time of the I/O that just happened. That update with the new features are what is causing rhis issue. Uninstall that update will fix the issue.

Personally I just froze the app. I use PowerAmp anyways.

Disabling is not really an option for me. I have a 64GB card filled with most of my music, but not all of it The only place I have all of my music (outside of my PC) is on Play Music. I could uninstall the update again, I suppose, but I don't really want to be continually nagged to update.

KSoD

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Disabling is not really an option for me. I have a 64GB card filled with most of my music, but not all of it The only place I have all of my music (outside of my PC) is on Play Music. I could uninstall the update again, I suppose, but I don't really want to be continually nagged to update.

Yeah and I can understand that. But the fact also remains, when will you ever possibly need to have 64GB as well as the 20,000 songs at all times? If you cant live without your music, then you should get yourself a dedicated MP3 player with large enough storage instead of trying to use your phone. Using the built in Music App with your 64GB is more than enough to tide you over while you are away from your PC. You don't require access to Play Music and the online storage, you want it.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah and I can understand that. But the fact also remains, when will you ever possibly need to have 64GB as well as the 20,000 songs at all times? If you cant live without your music, then you should get yourself a dedicated MP3 player with large enough storage instead of trying to use your phone. Using the built in Music App with your 64GB is more than enough to tide you over while you are away from your PC. You don't require access to Play Music and the online storage, you want it.

Well, when you get right down to it, what do we really require? Yes, I want access to all of my music, and while some people don't get it, that doesn't matter because it's a want that I have for my own reasons, which I won't get into here. I also do not want to carry a separate device.

MonolithTMA

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I have all my music in Poweramp, I just uninstalled Google Play Music, which I was surprised it let me do. Too bad you can't turn off update notifications for each app.

tkong

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I have not updated to jb 4.1 and have no plans to. That being said, my Google music app did go crazy on me after that huge update. It would flicker when I used it, the widget didn't work, and it kept looping the same five songs. I uninstalled the update and not only does it take less space but it works flawlessly. Lesson here is don't update to jb and don't update Google music.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance