Google play music versus Sirius XM

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It just has a general observation, I tried serious XM app on my Pixel 3 XL, I have Bose truly wireless earbuds which have great base. Whenever I listen to Sirius XM on my phone, it doesn't sound very busy and deep and rich and full. In comparison, Google play music sounds great because the application itself has a built-in equalizer which works out wonderful. I know there are digital equalizer apps on the play store, but would any of them actually enhance the base of Sirius XM application? Thanks for any suggestions!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is there an option in the Sirius XM app's settings to adjust the audio streaming quality? I believe GPM is always 320 kbps. If Sirius is set to a lower bitrate, that might be part of it.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I have the audio quality in this serius XM app to maximum streaming quality. It still sounds low not just volume low but there's no bass and the sound doesn't sound deep unfortunately. The Google play music app has equalizer settings that allow you to just everything. That's the problem I'm guessing.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey thank you very much! I really appreciate it. I'm just not on Reddit that's why I wouldn't have known to look there. Sounds like it's an application issue, network issue. Probably Benton Ray compression on the streaming. Oh well. I'll stick to Google play music until I can't access it anymore. Hahaha thank you again!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sure, no problem!

Probably Benton Ray compression on the streaming

Is this a typo? I was curious if this was some technical detail that was worth reading up on for future reference, but couldn't find anything about it on a web search.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Sure, no problem!

Is this a typo? I was curious if this was some technical detail that was worth reading up on for future reference, but couldn't find anything about it on a web search.
Oh yes I'm sorry that was a typp. Meant bit rate ..

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
What free streaming music application does everyone use. I love using all Google applications, but I have noticed that play music eats up battery when I use it. I'm not sure if that's the case with all of the other streaming applications. The only other problem is that with other applications like Spotify, and sirus xm, the audio quality is not as loud and deep in base unfortunately. Check out this battery usage. Thank you for any suggestions. I am really appreciate it. .
3d3aa5e99ea42fa29ac6afacb05a4a85.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201