Google Play store not installing apps

Marek Wrobel

Jul 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I just solve this problem on my both devices (S7, Tab S3). I uninstalled lot's of apps and in some moments everything started to work perfect (after uninstall each app I tested result by change note in Google keep and see if widget refresh - in some moment its starts refresh immediately). Now I love my devices again, and gradually install needed apps, checking if everything works fine.

My guess is: VLC cause troubles. But I'm not sure, in both cases after uninstall VLC and few more apps problem disappeared.

Elastep

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I rrrreally rrreally doubt VLC is the cause.
VLC does not have any services nor permissions and is not even installed on my phone...
Still the issue is here.

shaun123456

Jul 12, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys, I was having the same problems described here on my S7 and tab S3. The apps would download at 100% and not install, maybe after a few hour it installs. I also noticed notifications are delayed and the unread markers on app icons are not updated after I read the messages.

I tried clear data for play store and play services and deleting google account, none of them worked.

I factory reset my tab s3 and thing worked ok until the google app updated and the next app stuck at 100%.

So I disabled the google app on my s7 phone and everything returned to normal.

I informed google about this problem and fix and hopefully they'll figure it out.

Marek Wrobel

Jul 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

So I confirm that this is not VLC problem. Today morning my two devices S7 and tab S3 again stoped refresh widgets and don't install updates. So last time just uninstalling lots off app helped.

As suggested I stopped Google app and everything started working again. After 1 hour I started Google app again and everything works fine for now. (Both devices the same behavior).

I use google pixel launcher on both devices, my devices are not official supported. Do you think it can be a problem ? What do you use (launcher ?)

rdickert

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
This was a widespread problem impacting many devices. Turned out to be an issue with the most recent Google app update. Good news is that as of this afternoon (7/13) - an update to the Google app hit the app store. Install that and you will be golden.

Elastep

May 3, 2013
Visit site
WOW, really? Where did you read it from??? I've uninstalled google app and switched to cortana, because it was impossible to use phone with lagging notifications. And I'm afraid to go back to google now...

jlhdoes

Sep 19, 2017
Visit site
I have tried everything listed in this discussion, including a factory reset. I have a new Galaxy 8S which will not download or update anything. I have disabled all Google apps, cleared all caches & data where applicable. I'm at wits end and extremely frustrated. Anyone have additional information which may help?

Rob Chew

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
When I had this problem a while ago on my S8, I had to disable Play Store which uninstalled updates. Then you have to turn off automatic updates in Play Store settings. Re-enable Play Store and it should let you download and install your updates manually. In my case and as others have said, a later update fixed the problem and I have had no problem since.

FRoStYisGoD

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm having this issue as well were apps will not install no matter what I do. I've tried all the steps here and nothing.

This is weird as this just had started to happen to.

Nick Abate

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
I know this is really late to reply but all these problems here started for me about 2 weeks ago and thank you so much for pinpointing it to the Google app, I forced stopped it, and uninstalled updates and disabled it while stopping the play store from auto updating apps and BAM! SOLVED!!! Fixed all the problems and the note 8 is running like a well oiled machine again! Thank you so much, I put days into trying to figure this out with 3 factory data resets and the phone would work fine while I was setting it up till I was almost done and would act up out if nowhere because the app update from the play store would reach the Google app and put the broken update on my phone and I could not pinpoint who the culprit was because it happened in the background at different stages of my set up making any common denominator impossible to figure out! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Now I can get some sleep! Lol!
Ps. I also downloaded an app that can disable apps indefinitely called package installer disabled so I can keep Google app quarantined, even after a restart, until they fix it!

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to bring back this old thread...

But, I have a Note 8 with these exact same problems. Nothing in this thread has worked for me.

Have you folks subsequently done anything else since last year to fix this problem?

Again, I've done everything listed here - looking for any new ideas.

Thanks!

vice86

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I know this is really late to reply but all these problems here started for me about 2 weeks ago and thank you so much for pinpointing it to the Google app, I forced stopped it, and uninstalled updates and disabled it while stopping the play store from auto updating apps and BAM! SOLVED!!! Fixed all the problems and the note 8 is running like a well oiled machine again! Thank you so much, I put days into trying to figure this out with 3 factory data resets and the phone would work fine while I was setting it up till I was almost done and would act up out if nowhere because the app update from the play store would reach the Google app and put the broken update on my phone and I could not pinpoint who the culprit was because it happened in the background at different stages of my set up making any common denominator impossible to figure out! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Now I can get some sleep! Lol!
Ps. I also downloaded an app that can disable apps indefinitely called package installer disabled so I can keep Google app quarantined, even after a restart, until they fix it!

Same thing for me with my Moto Z Play...apps download to 100% and then nothing. I'd have to close App store and reopen for apps to install. Also my notifications were then delayed for up to an hour or longer. Finally tried disabling the Google App and everything worked fine. Only problem with that is that I have an Android Auto radio and need my Google App updated to the latest version...super annoying that there's not one word from Google in any of the thread on Google's support page talking about this issue.

Mehmet CAKIR1

Apr 29, 2019
Visit site
My S8+ android 9 play store was stuck on installing for hours but couldn't install or update any apps including google ones. I wasn't able to install even unknown apk that I downloaded. I tried many things including play store/services/download manager cache delete / force to stop them, cache wipe from recovery menu, reset of phone settings, remove/add google account etc except factory reset. After 2 days I found this solution:

go to "settings > apps " then select "Reset app preferences" from 3 dots menu on right top. Restard your mobile and that's it. play store will be back to normal!

Edvin Zeinali

Jun 21, 2019
Visit site
I have the same problem on a OnePlus 6 with Android Pie. I have tried all methods, cleared cache, cleared data on play store and play services, reset app preferences, even factory reset phone, problem still persists for more than a few days. Sometimes it starts installing after I close play store app from task manager, but not always.

rnclock

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem on a OnePlus 6 with Android Pie. I have tried all methods, cleared cache, cleared data on play store and play services, reset app preferences, even factory reset phone, problem still persists for more than a few days. Sometimes it starts installing after I close play store app from task manager, but not always.

I have been having the same issue and found the "Google" app information did help. I tried installing several apps, over and over, did all the other fun things including several factory resets. Then went and disabled ( un-installed updates) on "Google" app. I was then able to download several apps no issues. I then re-enabled the Google App, and updated it. Was still able to download apps, but keeping an eye on it.