Question Google Play System Update 1 September 2022

Erhan Ercan

Jan 6, 2021
Visit site

Xiaomi Mi 10t Pro, Android 12, No Root , Global Turkey Version.​

This problem was fixed by Google until 2 months ago. It would install the 67 MB November 1, 2023 security patch. I reset the device 4 times yesterday, but the security patch remains on September 1, 2022. It just won't upgrade to the current version. I uninstalled Play Store and tried it, same thing. I tried deleting all data, same thing. Do you think there is a new temporary problem on Google's side?

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site

This problem was fixed by Google until 2 months ago. It would install the 67 MB November 1, 2023 security patch. I reset the device 4 times yesterday, but the security patch remains on September 1, 2022. It just won't upgrade to the current version. I uninstalled Play Store and tried it, same thing. I tried deleting all data, same thing. Do you think there is a new temporary problem on Google's side?

There is no issue with your phone, I'm afraid, and you will not get any more Security or MIUI updates from Xiaomi.

Your device is the same age as my current phone, a Poco F2 Pro, and a Mi 10 Lite 5G I just sold.
The Mi 10 Lite stopped receiving security patches sometime in late 2022 as well, I have screenshots of it somewhere, and this Poco F2 Pro (similar specs to yours but a different screen tech) had it's final security patch in February 2023 - which I stupidly have only just realised is only 2.5 years since launch and not three years as I had been thinking.
I had checked other Xiaomi forums and the dates for the final security patch on both my devices is fairly uniform for that era of device (2020).

Xiaomi have steadily lengthened their support promise on all three brands in recent times, but have been known to be late on OS updates and send Security patches every three months, though that may also improve.

My Poco received MIUI 14 on Android 12, and won't receive Android 13.
The Mi 10 Lite 5G only achieved MIUI 13 on Android 12, but there's very little visual difference. MIUI 14 runs very smoothly though, as it was a major overhaul of the "core experience".

Any questions, let us know.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-29-19-51-56-571_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-29-19-51-56-571_com.android.settings.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Erhan Ercan

Jan 6, 2021
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

There is no issue with your phone, I'm afraid, and you will not get any more Security or MIUI updates from Xiaomi.

Your device is the same age as my current phone, a Poco F2 Pro, and a Mi 10 Lite 5G I just sold.
The Mi 10 Lite stopped receiving security patches sometime in late 2022 as well, I have screenshots of it somewhere, and this Poco F2 Pro (similar specs to yours but a different screen tech) had it's final security patch in February 2023 - which I stupidly have only just realised is only 2.5 years since launch and not three years as I had been thinking.
I had checked other Xiaomi forums and the dates for the final security patch on both my devices is fairly uniform for that era of device (2020).

Xiaomi have steadily lengthened their support promise on all three brands in recent times, but have been known to be late on OS updates and send Security patches every three months, though that may also improve.

Any questions, let us know.
Thank your for your answer.

I'm just talking about Google Play System update. (Not Miui etc..) This came regularly

I have reset the device a few times this month. It installed the 1 November 2023 patch (67MB) without any problems every time. I last reset it on January 18th. It installed the 1 November 2023 patch (67MB) again without any problems.

Now I reset it last night but for some reason it doesn't see the latest patch.

For the first time, Google Play System Update got stuck on September 1, 2022

It was supposed to be November 1, 2023 like yours.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-29-23-16-38-406_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-29-23-16-38-406_com.android.settings.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_2024-01-29-23-16-48-865_com.android.vending.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-29-23-16-48-865_com.android.vending.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Madd62

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site

This problem was fixed by Google until 2 months ago. It would install the 67 MB November 1, 2023 security patch. I reset the device 4 times yesterday,
I thought the Play Store had rectified itself 2 months ago. My bad.
I did have some long delays with the Play Store.
I'll get back to you a little later.

Erhan Ercan

Jan 6, 2021
Visit site
I thought the Play Store had rectified itself 2 months ago. My bad.
I did have some long delays with the Play Store.
I'll get back to you a little later.

Yes, there was a problem again 2 months ago, then it was fixed by Google. Google Play System Update was coming as November 1, 2023. Now it seems like there's another problem again.

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
Yes, there was a problem again 2 months ago, then it was fixed by Google. Google Play System Update was coming as November 1, 2023. Now it seems like there's another problem again.
I'm trying to keep up here 🤔

Google"s Play System had updated to November, but for this and various reasons you reset it another few times yesterday and now it's back to 2022?

Again I don't think there's a problem as such, I think it will catch up to within 2 or 3 months "in the fullness of time".. Give it more than a few days.

Other members here can describe how the Play System is updated, and it may need to be triggered by the device OS or the network, or Google sends random inspectors around - I'm not sure or cannot remember.

I was going to do a search but I wouldn't be concerned. I'm sure there was a way to entice it by deleting the cache and / or data on the Play System app, but I'll leave that to others.
As you can see I'm also on November 23 in the UK.
It may also be connected with networks / carriers and the density of Xiaomi owners per country, but that's only my speculation.

Reactions: Erhan Ercan

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
The next Google Play System Update will be in January 2024 and will include ART fixes. Maybe this update will come without any problems and solve the problem.
I didn't connect that you were saying you were back to September 2022.
I was thinking Sept 2023.
I look through these while commuting which isn't ideal. That is weird.

I don't know why a reset would revert it to the previous very old version as you were asking.

I presume you tried or have mentioned trying via the Play Store app - Settings - About - Play Store Version - Update Play Store;
rather than MIUI Settings - Passwords and Security - Privacy (or Settings - Security Status) like I'm used to.

Let us know when it updates, or I'll post when I get a new one.

Reactions: Erhan Ercan

Erhan Ercan

Jan 6, 2021
Visit site
I didn't connect that you were saying you were back to September 2022.
I was thinking Sept 2023.
I look through these while commuting which isn't ideal. That is weird.

I don't know why a reset would revert it to the previous very old version as you were asking.

I presume you tried or have mentioned trying via the Play Store app - Settings - About - Play Store Version - Update Play Store;
rather than MIUI Settings - Passwords and Security - Privacy (or Settings - Security Status) like I'm used to.

Let us know when it updates, or I'll post when I get a new one.

When I reset the phone, it naturally returns to September 1, 2022. After the Play Store was updated, Play System was being updated to November 1, 2023. There must be something wrong this time. I've seen similar issues on Reddit.

Maybe if you reset your phone now, your Play system security date will remain in the past.

I hope the problem will be fixed when Play Store is updated to 39.5?

Reactions: Madd62

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter