Google Store trade in tracking and updates

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone received their Google store trade in package from UPS?

UPS just dropped off the trade in package and tracking is different to what Google store order tracking shows. In Google store order details, trade in package status says shipped and tracking isn't even active yet.

The return tracking also seems to not match lol.

Definitely concerning and not a good start. Probably will hold on shipping the trade in for a week or so before seeing others experience

Update:

Found another user on Reddit with a similar issue and this is what the user had to say

"I guess I am a bit thankful I am not the only one. I suppose as long as the trade-in ID # is the same as what is shown on the Google Store then it will be fine. I spoke with Google Support and to no surprise, they instructed me to send it since the ID # is proper. Here's hoping for a smooth process. Take pictures and videos of everything is what I will say."

Last edited:

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
Yep, same here. G store order details says "shipped". When I click there and get sent to the UPS site for tracking, that properly shows "delivered" and the tracking matches what was on the package.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yep, same here. G store order details says "shipped". When I click there and get sent to the UPS site for tracking, that properly shows "delivered" and the tracking matches what was on the package.
Yours is fine then. What I was saying is my Google store trade in tracking details and trade in package that was delivered are different.

Basically, on Google store trade in order details, the package says shipped and takes to UPS tracking which isn't even active yet. Been like that for a week. But the trade in package actually delivered on Friday with a different UPS tracking number

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
Yours is fine then. What I was saying is my Google store trade in tracking details and trade in package that was delivered are different.

Basically, on Google store trade in order details, the package says shipped and takes to UPS tracking which isn't even active yet. Been like that for a week. But the trade in package actually delivered on Friday with a different UPS tracking number
Ah, gotcha. That is a bit odd/unnerving. Hope all goes smoothly for you!

Reactions: bhatech

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Ah, gotcha. That is a bit odd/unnerving. Hope all goes smoothly for you!
Haha yeah thanks. I'm trying to sell it locally for cash. That's my first preference before I actually trade in the phone. So let's see if I can find a buyer locally.

Reactions: Ben_70

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Sold my 7 pro locally tonight. Was able to get $470, slightly better than Google's $430 trade in price. But more important, cash in hand and no anxiety waiting for trade in to deliver etc.
Nicely done.!!
👍
It's a shame we have to stress over the mail in trade-in process. It used to be a breeze. Those days seem to be gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter