Google Voice vs Siri

JF7FSU

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm a former iPhone user who has had his note 3 for about 4 months now. I am constantly getting major misspellings and mispronunciations with Google Voice that I was not getting with Siri. Does anyone have any suggestions, comments, or fixes that they have found?

Posted via Android Central App

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had to many issues with mine. You have to remember I believe Siri learns and adapts to you. Google Voice I believe does the same thing over time (I think). I have had little issue with misspellings though.

Big Red Note 3

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm a former iPhone user who has had his note 3 for about 4 months now. I am constantly getting major misspellings and mispronunciations with Google Voice that I was not getting with Siri. Does anyone have any suggestions, comments, or fixes that they have found?

Posted via Android Central App
Yep, I went back to my iPhone :-/ Kidding, well not really, I actually did go back to my iPhone but for different reasons. I don't recall having any issues with Google Voice when I was using my Note 3. I actually found it to be faster than Siri.

KiwiGrrl

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Do you have an accent? If so, Siri had probably gotten used to it. Though with that said, Google had less initial problems with mine than Siri did but there were certain words I'd always have to deliberately mispronounce for her to get them. LOL.

... sent from the road

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Open Google search, hit menu button > settings > voice and see if personalized recognition is turned on.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk