Google wallet $10

kevinsturf

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone else receive $10 after activating their Google Prepaid card in google wallet? I activated it yesterday and saw a balance of $10!! free money! :)

bc2k

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Same. Such a deal!

Definitely encourages me to spend spend spend find a way to try out the new feature. :)

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Yes, got the $10. Now they just need to update it so I can use my own cards without transferring money to theirs. It let me setup all my cards on the web site.

rajamahal

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes, got the $10. Now they just need to update it so I can use my own cards without transferring money to theirs. It let me setup all my cards on the web site.

Yes, they need to get that visa support going. Wont use it if I can't get my reward points

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
yea I tried to load from my AmEx that's in my On-line Google Wallet and not only would it not take it triggered a security alert. Even after I cleared that it wouldn't take . I'll spend my $10 and be done most likely

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
yea I tried to load from my AmEx that's in my On-line Google Wallet and not only would it not take it triggered a security alert. Even after I cleared that it wouldn't take . I'll spend my $10 and be done most likely

I will probably just apply for the citi card if it doesn't happen soon.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk.

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Got my $10 immediately upon activating the google prepaid card. Will probably be using this whenever I visit CVS or McD, since those are the only two merchants in my area that have Mastercard Paypass terminals that I frequent regularly.

I also already "reloaded" the prepaid card too - relatively painless, except the first time you need to input your reloading credit card info, which means you can get points from your regular c/cards, as I assume the reload is processed as a regular purchase transaction on the source card.

Would be easier if I didn't have to reload all the time - perhaps Google should setup an auto-reload function similar to starbucks cards, where once the balance falls below a certain point, it automatically reloads $xx amount from the default card source.

mykrlz182

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I bought a pack of cigarettes at 7 eleven and the guy was all freaked out when I paid with the phone. He just had this dumbfounded look on his face. I think he thought he just got hacked and scammed, it was great! :cool:

From my long awaited and totally worth it EVO LTE!

azkevman

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I can't seemed to activate it. I select Google prepaid card and I get a message saying that feature is not available yet.

I was having an issue activating the google pre-paid card as well...I called Google Wallet support and they had me do the following which resolved the problem.

1. Go into the manage app settings and clear data for the Wallet app
2. Under "wireless & network setting" tap more, then uncheck NFC, then recheck it.
3. Re-launch Wallet and go through the setup again
4. Tap the google pre- paid card to activate

These four steps reset the connection and fixed my issue...hopefully it works for you too...

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

Reactions: bc2k

kidstechno

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Got mine, used it to pay for some food and drink while I was traveling at Sheetz.

Put it up to the receiver and instantly transferred, dude was like "What the heck, what happened?" Haha asked me if it was an app that does it, told him it was but only if the phone had the capabilities. He was pretty blown away.

Good times.

bc2k

May 18, 2010
Visit site
These four steps reset the connection and fixed my issue...hopefully it works for you too...

After completing the four steps my Wallet app stalled on "Initializing". I called Money Network (855-896-0693); they said their prepaid system is currently suspended and they didn't know how long it would be off. So apparently the problem isn't me/my phone.

Well. Might not be me. Have to wait and see I guess. :p

justryan

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I had trouble with the app over the weekend. Just tried the suggested tips to get the prepaid card activated and an error popped up stating, "Prepaid is unavailable at this time. Please try again later."

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I tried to use it to buy lunch today and it did nothing. I woke up the screen and held it against the reader and nothing happened. I ended up using my regular PayPass debit card so I didn't hold up the line.

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I tried to use it to buy lunch today and it did nothing. I woke up the screen and held it against the reader and nothing happened. I ended up using my regular PayPass debit card so I didn't hold up the line.

This reminded me of this CNet guys' story --> Google Wallet: What can you buy with it now? | Dialed In - CNET Blogs

Looks like still lot of work needed from Google / others to make it a reality. What beats me is if they could make it work in japan, why not here in US of A :'(

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
The store I was at is listed in the Mastercard PayPass locator app. So is the Home Depot. I think they have the paypass readers at the self-checkout. Maybe I'll give that a shot.

geauxlsutigers

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
This reminded me of this CNet guys' story --> Google Wallet: What can you buy with it now? | Dialed In - CNET Blogs

Looks like still lot of work needed from Google / others to make it a reality. What beats me is if they could make it work in japan, why not here in US of A :'(

Because unfortunately here is the great US of A, nobody can agree on a standard and instead some carriers form an alliance to create their own system, I believe it's called ISIS? backed by Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile and Amex and a few other big time players. Currently, Sprint is the only carrier supporting Google Wallet so we may have another VHS vs Betamax or Blu-ray vs HD-DVD deal going on here. Until these fools decide they want to move the technology forward, we will have hardware perfectly capable of supporting it and different companies doing different things. Don't you just love this bs.

At least Sprint is giving us Google Wallet for now, the ISIS group still doesnt have an actual payment system to my knowlege so customers of the other 3 carriers can't do payments over NFC just yet. I really believe Sprint is being innovative and trying to make their customers happy until the mobile payment format war gets sorted out.

Westfire

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I could have sworn Google and Visa had an agreement a few months ago. I want to use my Chase Freedom card through Google Wallet.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv