Google wallet, lock question

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I often use Google wallet because one of my prepaid cards I use can only be loaded on Google wallet and not on Samsung pay. I'm fine with that. The issue I'm running into is often I'll go to use it and it'll say it's locked and I have to put my fingerprint on but depending where I'm at that process often restarts whatever I'm trying to do. For example, at a particular gas station if it comes up as Google wallet is locked and needs unlocked The pump has to start all over again and same with a couple other places. Each of the times Google wallet said it was locked and needed unlocked my phone has not been locked. I'm not sure how to get around that. S23 ultra.

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I often use Google wallet because one of my prepaid cards I use can only be loaded on Google wallet and not on Samsung pay. I'm fine with that. The issue I'm running into is often I'll go to use it and it'll say it's locked and I have to put my fingerprint on but depending where I'm at that process often restarts whatever I'm trying to do. For example, at a particular gas station if it comes up as Google wallet is locked and needs unlocked The pump has to start all over again and same with a couple other places. Each of the times Google wallet said it was locked and needed unlocked my phone has not been locked. I'm not sure how to get around that. S23 ultra.
Have the same issue on my s23U. Phone is already unlocked but it requires my fingerprint again prior to using Google wallet to pay. Maybe for extra security like in case your friend or family was holding it but they can't pay with Google Wallet unless you unlock it?? I feel your pain.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Have the same issue on my s23U. Phone is already unlocked but it requires my fingerprint again prior to using Google wallet to pay. Maybe for extra security like in case your friend or family was holding it but they can't pay with Google Wallet unless you unlock it?? I feel your pain.
Some places it's fine because I can continue with the transaction but others like the one gas station and this other store it cancels the transaction altogether and you have to do it all over again PIA but I do like to use it

Reactions: jtfwTX