Google Wallet Update Post-Mortem

KMyers

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I can report that the update worked for me. After I updated, I added the Google Prepaid Card and my $10 balance showed up. About 30 minutes ago, I used Google Wallet at McDonalds successfully for lunch.

Favorite part? The "How in the hell did you do that?" look from the cashier!

I am getting my phone replaced after a lot of back and forth arguing with Sprint. I few weeks ago I tried to clear my Google Wallet Settings and had the issue where it hung at 99%. I have a feeling this bricked the element. The replacement will be here in 24 hours.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had issues adding funds to the prepaid card? I just tried adding funds with both a credit and debit card. After entering all my information when I hit the Next button I get a Google Wallet has Stop Unexpectedly message and the app closes out =(.

Update:

Called Google Wallet and was dispatched to Money Network. The tech had me clear data from the app, and reset up Google Wallet. Everything loaded up correctly and I was able to add funds from a debit card after that.

Last edited:

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I had wallet working yesterday, I was able to add the prepaid card and had the $10 showing in my account. Then, today, I realized I still had the most recent wallet "update" in the market that I hadn't downloaded...so I went ahead and updated the app. Now I just get "initializing device" forever. Has anyone else had this step take a ridiculous amount of time? It started up quickly for me when it was working yesterday..

Edit: Alright, I uninstalled the update, said that I was using an unsupported version and needed to upgrade. I re-installed the update, then google wallet started from scratch and had me relink my account and everything, but it worked and I got a welcome email and my $10, so...yay!

Last edited:

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
After installing todays OTA, I noticed that Google Wallet no longer had my pre-paid card active. It basically returned to a clean install. I started to panic a bit and was getting realy to contact Money Network (again) to yell at them. Before I did, I hit the "Add Prepaid Card" button and after a few moments my balance was back...

Crisis Adverted.

hey thanks for the info, i was going to call them myself too until i read this and surely enough my balance came back up. thanks again

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey on another thread I read that if u had a prepaid balance prior to the security block all u do is click on prepaid card and let it go trhu that process and ur balance will return. Worked for me :D

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums