Got An Old Fashioned Film/Plastic Screen Protector

Jimmy10mm

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
I bought my Moto Z Force over at my local VZW store about 10 days ago. Upgrading from my Razr MaxxHD. Love the device. So at the store I told the salesman that I wanted a screen protector, and he went to the display and picked one out.

He was taking it out of the package to install and I said, "How much is it ?" $34.00 he replied. I asked how many you get and he said one, but it is guaranteed for life says he. Why is it so expensive ? Because it is tempered glass.

Well, the idea of paying $34.00 to put a piece of glass over the glass that is guaranteed against breaking for 4 years didn't make much sense to me. Plus it would add thickness to the device, so I said I don't want it. Do you have the old plastic ? Nope, VZW doesn't carry those anymore.

Cutting to the chase, checking out Amazon and ebay, I found a Fosman Screen Protector for a few bucks, 3 in a pack, and free shipping. Received it just yesterday and it is a perfect fit, wasn't too difficult to install, and looks great on the phone. IOW, you don't even know it is there. If there is anyone out there reading this, who isn't happy with the 'progress' made in screen protector technology, this product fills the bill.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Remember, plastic protectors only protect against scratching. Tempered glass only protects against shattering. (Gorilla glass shatters when hit, tempered glass crumbles.) There's nothing that protects against both scratching and breaking except transparent steel - and that hasn't been invented yet. (We'll probably see artificial diamond protectors first.) I'm still on my first plastic protector after 4 years (and an Otterbox).

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Remember, plastic protectors only protect against scratching. Tempered glass only protects against shattering. (Gorilla glass shatters when hit, tempered glass crumbles.) There's nothing that protects against both scratching and breaking except transparent steel - and that hasn't been invented yet. (We'll probably see artificial diamond protectors first.) I'm still on my first plastic protector after 4 years (and an Otterbox).
Technically since the Z Force has the shatter shield all you really need is a plastic screen protector to protect from scratches. Because the shatter shield will scratch! I choose to use a glass screen protector on my force for two reasons, first to protect it from scratches and second because I like the feel of the glass.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
+1 for liking the feel of glass. I don't see any issue with thickness. I hate the rubbery feeling of many non glass protectors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz