Got it! International running on att

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Got the SG3 today, white 16gb.

Cut my sim card from my skyrocket with a sim cutter into a micro sim and just popped it in my SG3. Running automatically HSPA+ and excellent reception and radio quality. Didn't have to do any APN changes.

This is the first ICS device I've had that does NOT have any connectivity issues (aka Nexus and One X) Wifi is great, data is great, the cell signal is stable, and bluetooth connects no problem.

Love the LED notification light, used light flow and can confirm it works great. All the custom colors work.

Like Sense, Touchwiz sucks, at least sense looks good but it uses too much memory. I used go launcher on the SG3 and its a nice clean launcher. The camera is great as well, just like the HTC camera I had only the menus are easier on the SG3.

Other than that I used Swiftkey 3 beta for the keyboard, I love that board.

I just didn't want a carrier branded device, so I chose the stock international so I can get some darn updates. I don't have LTE where I live so that didn't matter. I guess it depends what you want.

Overall a really great device, Samsung really perfected ICS and did a great job with the SG3.

Don't be afraid to get the SG3 Int on ATT, it works great!

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Awesome, how much did you pay for the phone? Since it uses AT&T's HSPA+ network, what kind of data speeds are you seeing?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
799 for the phone off amazon, yea its crazy but you know how we all are :D

Speeds are about 11mbps up 1.5 down where I live in NJ, bout the same as my skyrocket

bauer2

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
That's good news for those wanting the international phone.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
799 for the phone off amazon, yea its crazy but you know how we all are :D

Speeds are about 11mbps up 1.5 down where I live in NJ, bout the same as my skyrocket

Lol so true, ill be paying full retail for my Sprint GS3 since my upgrade isnt till next year anyways 11kbps is not bad at all.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

zhingket

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Same here got mine yesterday (ceramic white couldn't wait for the pebble blue anymore), just went to at&t to swap to micro sim (coming from at&t GSII). I couldn't wait for at&t to announce the GS3 but they did announce it eventually after sprint, verizon & t-mo, and realize the other reason why I bought the international version, one word "UPDATE". I love my GS2 but the wait for the update from at&t for the ICS it's killing me. Did the root and everything but it feels different when you have the official software like the int'l version.

danian18

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Same here just got it today but I'm still waiting for my screen protector before I start using it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

katamari201

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
How does the build quality compare to your skyrocket? And how does the glossy coating feel? Is it rough and grippy like the white lumia, or icky and slimy like most glossy phones? Is there any give to the chrome trim if you squeeze the handset? Thanks.

maven1975

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I can not get google voice to configure voicemail. The application crashes when attempting to change the settings.

Anyone else on AT&T with this issue?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCone