GPS not locking until reboot

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. I ama truck driver and use my GPS in different locations every day. I do not root, I guess I am missing out...... I am sure yourGPS works perfect for you. Good job...

I sense a little sarcasism. If you choose not to root then its your choice. Personally I cant depend on companies like samsung to keep there devices up to date due to inability to fix issues. Gps is so easily fixable. Even if you root just to fix the gps issue you can easily unroot. I would at least do that :)

Sent From A Rotary Phone

llmgtab

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I sense a little sarcasism. If you choose not to root then its your choice. Personally I cant depend on companies like samsung to keep there devices up to date due to inability to fix issues. Gps is so easily fixable. Even if you root just to fix the gps issue you can easily unroot. I would at least do that :)

Sent From A Rotary Phone

I cannot root my phone because of software I have to use for work emails. But I never considered I could root, fix GPS then unroot. Thanks for the idea!

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. fortunately, usually driving all around central Texas, I am familiar enough with my surroundings that all I really need is the location on the map to look at. Every once in a while I get a little lost but for the most part I am able to use the map and not worry about the navigation. Good advice though.

michaeljc70

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
How can it not be a hardware issue? I have had 3 different e4gts do the same thing. Maybe the GPS chip they used just isn't any good. I use my GPS on a DAILY basis, it works sometimes perfectly, a lot of the time it doesn't. the more you use it, the more apparent it becomes.

If it was hardware, it would never work. Restarting your phone wouldn't do anything if the hardware didn't work. Nothing magically happens to the hardware when you reset the phone. My seems to almost always work if I restart the phone.

When you are lost in the car though (or just want traffic info), who wants to pull over shutdown the phone and restart it? That takes minutes.

michaeljc70

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
darkknight2, So you can fix this issue, but sprint or Samsung can not? And you never answered my question.... How often do you use your GPS? And do you use it in different areas several times a day? I am just curious why I have not received some kind of fix update from sprint? I do not root so I can not"fix"this problem like you can.

ICS sandwich has been out for months. Does this phone have it? No? Sprint/Samsung are more concerned with the Galaxy SIII than this phone. You already bought it. They make nothing off of it. It is obsolete to them. They want you to buy a new phone.

As I said previously, maybe ICS update will help with this issue when it hits. It is already available for AT&T,Verizon and T-Moible Galaxy SII phones. Sprint is the last to provide the update.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
ICS sandwich has been out for months. Does this phone have it? No? Sprint/Samsung are more concerned with the Galaxy SIII than this phone. You already bought it. They make nothing off of it. It is obsolete to them. They want you to buy a new phone.

As I said previously, maybe ICS update will help with this issue when it hits. It is already available for AT&T,Verizon and T-Moible Galaxy SII phones. Sprint is the last to provide the update.

Verizon doesnt have a GS2 Version. Lol. But the rest is totally true.

Sent From A Rotary Phone