Greetings all

bduschel

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
After 2+ years of hanging in the land of Crackberry and 10+ years of using Blackberry. Decided to take the plunge and move over to the Droid universe. I have to say that I am quite impressed. Though I sell these phones daily owning a Verizon shop, you never quite get the feel until you are totally hands on!!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here and reading all the good/bad stuff!!

bduschel

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Oh I know, very good stuff so far. Its about the same as what we would all do for each other @ Crackberry.

Actually, I do have one question. Its about the layout on the homescreen. The large clock? Is that part of the OS for HTC or can that be accomplished on the Moto Droid? I like the weather and time on the home screen.

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I just took the plunge on Friday when my N1 was delivered. So far, I'm pretty impressed, and knowing I won't have the constant BIS outages is a nice bonus :)

bduschel

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Its not the outages that bothered me. My unhappiness with Blackberry is more of how you are treated as a store owner. For 10+ years, I have supported Blackberry...pushed their technology, handsets and basically drank the koolaide. But when you need something from them? Thats when they show their true colors.

I run a promotion every holiday season, where I get the vendors to donate handsets for a raffle. I can get everyone onboard but RIM. Even Motorola of all people participate. Donating a Devour. So after jumping through all these hoops of creating a presentation of what this raffle is about and what will be accomplish. Along with several phonecalls. Finally they decide to kick in with a Storm2. But then lose everything we talked about after I create marketing for my raffle.

So I then have to kick in one of my own handsets which I did not count on. Needless to say? I was not happy. So long story short, after all this time, this was the love I got from RIM. Thats when I decided to abandon all things Blackberry and take the Droid plunge. I have been completely happy so far......accept for the Battery life!!

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Its not the outages that bothered me. My unhappiness with Blackberry is more of how you are treated as a store owner. For 10+ years, I have supported Blackberry...pushed their technology, handsets and basically drank the koolaide. But when you need something from them? Thats when they show their true colors.

I run a promotion every holiday season, where I get the vendors to donate handsets for a raffle. I can get everyone onboard but RIM. Even Motorola of all people participate. Donating a Devour. So after jumping through all these hoops of creating a presentation of what this raffle is about and what will be accomplish. Along with several phonecalls. Finally they decide to kick in with a Storm2. But then lose everything we talked about after I create marketing for my raffle.

So I then have to kick in one of my own handsets which I did not count on. Needless to say? I was not happy. So long story short, after all this time, this was the love I got from RIM. Thats when I decided to abandon all things Blackberry and take the Droid plunge. I have been completely happy so far......accept for the Battery life!!

Ouch! Sorry to hear that! So far, battery life is my only gripe, everything else is at least as good as what a Blackberry can do.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emimoon