Group Messaging/SMS APP

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I am looking for an group messaging/sms app. I coach a little league team and need to send out Group Messages to parents. I also have buddies at the deer lease that we use group messaging.

So far I have used GoSMS and it wont send if "Group Messaging" is selected in the settings, if I turn it off it sends, but then it sends individual messages instead of a group thread.

I am using Handcent now and I selected the group, typed the message and clicked send, and the "wheel" is still spinning.

Any advice or suggestions for an APP that works?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried the default app? You can enable group messaging from there and then use it to send a message.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1395326998358.jpg
    1395326998358.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 67

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Which carrier are you on? I remember hearing a while back that 10 was the limit for recipients.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Try Google hangouts as well. You can enable group messaging there and try that.

If you have the same error again I'd have to agree with V then and say it may be a carrier thing.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I email out my little league announcements! With read reciepts. If they don't see it I only text those but they are rare. I use gmail with boomerang. Also I email the kids and parents so there is more exposure and they coordinate rides by replying. I have set up email distribution lists in the past with much success.

Posted via Android Central App