GS2 vs atrix 4g - thoughts?

eallan

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
If I could combine both of these devices it would be a winner. I'm not a fan of the way the SGS2 looks at all, I love the atrix form though. I would prefer SAMOLED but I prefer a higher res.

The internals should be a "wash" so to speak. It's hard to decide, the Atrix will likely have better battery life due to a much larger battery.

adjangs

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Off the top of my head the SGS2 is thinner, has a larger more vivid screen, has NFC, and a gyroscope.

The Atrix has higher resolution, likely more timely updates based on track records, the docks to go with it, and a release that is sooner.

As far as performance neither has shown to be vastly superior thus far and probably never will.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Off the top of my head the SGS2 is thinner, has a larger more vivid screen, has NFC, and a gyroscope.

The Atrix has higher resolution, likely more timely updates based on track records, the docks to go with it, and a release that is sooner.

As far as performance neither has shown to be vastly superior thus far and probably never will.

I would agree. When is this supposed to drop? Atrix is coming next week.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

More timely updates? Outside of the droid line, Motorola's updates aren't anything special. In fact, they can be quite bad. Besides, all the bad samsung rap comes from people who don't realize Froyo came out ~4 months ago for it.

YoungSpade8

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
The Galaxy S 2 is definitely the better phone; more pixels font mean a better screen people; the AMOLEDs now look amazing and are the best screens I have seen along with the iphone 4 screen.

adjangs

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
More timely updates? Outside of the droid line, Motorola's updates aren't anything special. In fact, they can be quite bad. Besides, all the bad samsung rap comes from people who don't realize Froyo came out ~4 months ago for it.

That's true, and these are flagships for each company so this could be anyone's race. It could be different this time now that Moto's biggest and baddest is not a droid for awhile.

I see you're a captivate owner, does your GPS work yet? I understand some US Galaxy S devices were shipped with non-working GPS, then Samsung came out with a fix months later, and some still don't work right.

Eazail70x7

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Galaxy S II Advantages:

Screen size
Screen tech
2.3 out of the box vs 2.2 on the Attrix
Camera quality (most likely)

Attrix Advantages:

Laptop dock
Hdmi mirroring
More pocket friendly

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
That's true, and these are flagships for each company so this could be anyone's race. It could be different this time now that Moto's biggest and baddest is not a droid for awhile.

I see you're a captivate owner, does your GPS work yet? I understand some US Galaxy S devices were shipped with non-working GPS, then Samsung came out with a fix months later, and some still don't work right.

Mine actually does work mostly well, only drops occasionally. Part of it is thanks to the Froyo update, the other part is thanks to community effort.

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Attrix Advantages:

Laptop dock
Hdmi mirroring
More pocket friendly

I dont think that pocket size is a real advantage of either phone, the difference in size is 4.3 vs. 4.0 on th Atrix, but you also have to consider the weight, and thickness of the Atrix Vs. the SGSII especially since the SII is currently the thinnest smart phone out there. If you're considering the differences between screen sizes then definitely consider weight, and thickness too.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
To the person who said that Motorola has a great track record... LIES the Backflip and Cliq aare stuck on 1.5 after being promised 2.1...

SGS is the winner, better screen, smaller more neutral screen, NFC, Gingerbread, and Samsung devices are usually great devices to mess around with because they don't lock the Bootloader unlock Motorola which rudely said to a user on YouTube that they will not stop locking down the bootloader. Plus Samsung cameras are very nice, the camera software was simplistic and nice on the Vibrant. I just dont like Motorola... the Atrix looks very disappointing. Next device is definitely a Samsung Galaxy S2 device.

Sent from my Nexus S