GS6 Edge overheats. Won't charge. What do I do?

A

AC Question

GS6 Edge overheats. Won't charge

My GS6 Edge basically runs only in safe mode and just for a few minutes before it crashes. Now it won't even charge when the phone is off. Is there a solution for this? While I could keep it on I did factory resets but it only worked for a day or two. Any ideas? Thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: GS6 Edge overheats. Won't charge

Welcome to Android Central! I would guess that it's either a faulty battery or motherboard. The phone should still be under warranty (assuming you were the original owner), so contact Samsung for warranty repair.

nelaco

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site

I tried using the warranty but it was voided because I had a small crack on one of the corners. Now I got a new S6 Edge that I am paying for instead of a replacement of this one. Any ideas? I just bought a new battery to see if that's the problem. I can't think of anything else I can do about it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Replacing the battery is a good first step. If the same thing happens with a new battery, then the problem is more likely related to the motherboard.

nelaco

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site

Thank you B Diddy. I ended up calling Samsung directly and the'll take a look at it. Once they know the problem they'll give me an estimate for the repair of the overheating issue and/or cracked glass. We'll see how much they'll want. The good thing is that the original warranty would be good again. I'll update here once I hear back from them in a few days. Thanks again.

nelaco

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Samsung got back to me on the repair. They'll replace the cracked glass and repair the overheating issue (didn't say how) for $237. I went for it. Hopefully I won't have to worry about it again, but the good news is that the original warranty is good again. Thanks again for your help B Diddy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossfrey