GTV Director Of Content Says Update Coming In "3 To 4 Weeks"

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Here is the persons quote:
I can tell you what's up coming with Google TV is version two is about to launch probably within the next three or four weeks. And so, version one was very search oriented and the kind of content proposition consisted of eight preinstalled apps. With version two you'll see us moving more to a kind of browse environment but also Android Market coming onto the platform. And, so you'll go overnight from eight to more than a thousand apps; probably around 250 of which are TV optimized and growing. So, from a content owner or advertiser perspective that's pretty interesting, the kind of content proposition for Google TV is increasing a thousand fold overnight almost.

Note he said probably in 3-4 weeks.

chris4404

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I'll take it, I mean what else can we do really? I'd like them to get it right instead of rushing it, especially with what Microsoft announced for the Xbox 360 this week. Google has to step it up and justify how Google TV is better.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm predicting it might be here before Christmas. Of 2012....

---------------------------------
Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

If this post helped you don't forget to say thanks!

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
The monthly email from Dish Network says that the Android Market is "coming soon" to Google TV.

The one thing I dislike about Dish Network is that they want to charge $4 a month for "DVR integration". And also they're charging $99 for the Revue if you agree to a contract, even though you can get it for $99 on Amazon!

bafrench

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
The one thing I dislike about Dish Network is that they want to charge $4 a month for "DVR integration". And also they're charging $99 for the Revue if you agree to a contract, even though you can get it for $99 on Amazon!

I got my Revue from Best Buy for $99, and I didn't get the "DVR integration." It integrates with the channel guide perfectly, and you can still access the DVR and use all of its regular functions through the Revue. I don't think $4 extra per month for their "integration" is worth it at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thicha Jairat