Guest Mode gone...Where is Lollipop Multi User in G4? Also, what happened to the Notebook?

7nexus7

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't have it on the Verizon version, which doesn't surprise me. I wish it did, though.

Posted via the Android Central App on my LG G4

SmoothRo

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
Like many other features removed by LG this one can be easily accessed by installing "activity launcher" app.

Set the app to show all activities and, under "home" i think, you will find "guest mode". Make a shortcut on home screen and launch it like you launch any app. With this app you can find all hidden menus on you phone, like "knock on/off" for example

Last edited:

BlueDaNoob

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Like many other features removed by LG this one can be easily accessed by installing "activity launcher" app.

Set the app to show all activities and, under "home" i think, you will find "guest mode". Make a shortcut on home screen and launch it like you launch any app. With this app you can find all hidden menus on you phone, like "knock on/off" for example

Have you actually gotten this to work? If so, was it a Verizon LG G4? I tried the app you stated and also a similar one that I used to turn the knock code on before (called Quick Shortcut Maker) and neither one shows any entry or option for Guest mode.

edit: Found it on my Verizon G4, not under "Home", but under something else (Settings?) and got to the "Add User" screen. However, when I try to add a user, the process fails and it crashes.

Last edited:

Dean Milinski

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
Guest mode is gone because it was a backdoor to defeat the Factory Reset Protection. Once the Google account is synced, that's the end. There is no way to bypass or over ride to gain complete control of the phone until the owner of the Google account last synced removes their account from the device.

Noctis 5923

Feb 3, 2017
Visit site
I think that they removed it because people could get past the FRP (Factory Reset Protection) by creating a new user and going back to the owner account and reseting it. This is known as the Google account bypass.

SFWW

Jul 14, 2017
Visit site
Same issue w/ e.g. ZTE Blade A112 (Australia).
Multi-user is disabled, Quick Shortcut Maker finds the functions "user" and "add user", but both go to nirwana.
Any other suggestions beside rooting?