Guidance Requested: Unlocking then switching Carriers.

Hardhat Harry

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
I will be requesting a Carrier Unlock from AT&T because: Reasons.

Once the UNLOCK of both phones is complete, I am switching carriers to T-Mobile. T-Mobile SIM Cards are already shipped to me.

When the unlock is complete and T-Mobile has ported my current phone numbers, what actions should I take on our 2 Galaxy S22 phones. I'm sure that first thing will be to delete the AT&T Apps that are installed on the phone. Currently, both phones are current on all updates.

I suspect in the future both phones will be considered T-Mobile Unlocked?

Your help will be appreciated.

I haven't switched carriers since before most of you were born :)

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Personally, once unlocked I would flash the latest stock Samsung ROM for that phone. But that's just me.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Other than removing the ATT apps (if possible, some might be blocked from this) and downloading TMobile ones you'd want, not much you'd need to do.

Once unlocked, however, these will NOT be "T-Mobile unlocked" versions; they're still ATT phones. That means your updates will still come from ATT (and only when made available to those phone versions), even though you can still get them while being on T-Mobile. Like rvbfan suggests, if you want a different scenario, you'd need to flash a different ROM (which comes with its own set of caveats and risks).

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Once it's unlock whatever carrier sim you put in not talking sub carrier but a Att /Verizon/TMobile actual sim will load up those carrier bloat and splash screen once it prompt you to reboot for Carrier configuration so the previous carrier bloat should disappear if not just remove

Hardhat Harry

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
Thank you for your responses. Depending on how long it takes AT&T (The Death Star) to unlock our phones, I hope to have this completed by Saturday Jan 28. I'll keep you up to date.

Hardhat Harry

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
Unlock done this morning, installed new SIM cards, T-Mobile transfered our numbers (after getting a transfer PIN from AT&T) BOOM! Done.

Only a few AT&T Bloat apps didn't go away, manually Uninstalled.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Unlock done this morning, installed new SIM cards, T-Mobile transfered our numbers (after getting a transfer PIN from AT&T) BOOM! Done.

Only a few AT&T Bloat apps didn't go away, manually Uninstalled.
Nice
Enjoy the Freedom lol

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech