[GUIDE] How To Unlock Bootloader and Root Verizon Galaxy Nexus

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: [GUIDE] How To Unlock Bootloader and Root Verizon Galaxy Nexu

So all I will need to do is download rom manager from the market and install and I will have clockwork?

Should have explained better. Yea get RM and open the app and tap "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery"

Make sure you choose the cdma version.

After that to make it permanent, you need root explorer and rename "recovery from boot" file in the system directory and add a .old to the end or the phone will wipe the cwm. Its a hassle but if you don't do that you will need to flash recovery everytime you want to use it.

Reactions: anon(602592)

ProgramErrorX

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

Thanks and after i root will i still be able to make calls or with i have to set that back up?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

Thanks and after i root will i still be able to make calls or with i have to set that back up?

Your phone will be wiped including the internal storage so back up anything you might want After you will go through the setup process... same as when you first bought the phone. As far as phone calls... yes you will still be able to make phone calls... no need to activate the phone again.

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site

Stuck on "Fastboot Status - download:00467800" on the bottom of the bootloader...nothing doing

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site

After repeating the same unplug from computer plug in, go to bootloader and click file about thirty thousand times, it worked. Then hung on the google screen, so I unplugged after 15, gave it another 15, sweated bullets, then pulled the battery and it booted back up in 5 seconds with root.

Creating a nandroid backup now, supreme victory has been achieved.

Thanks

orion.2ktc

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site

I've done some research and still no results. Please see my previous post below.

Ok, I've gone through these steps, I have the superuser icon, and the root checker declares that I'm not rooted. Also, I've tried my CPU overclocking program and it's not working. What am I missing here?

Grizzly420

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Worked well wish i would have read the trouble shooting first to make sure drivers installed properly. After that worked like a charm and creating a back up as I type. Thank OP for this.:D

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

BEFORE WE BEGIN
DOWNLOAD THE FOLLOWING: Download the latest version of Superboot: >> Download Here << Download Samsung Drivers: >> Download Here << (Updated Dec. 17th) v1.4.6.0.exe
Download USB drivers: >> Download Here << (If Needed.. If you get <waiting for device> you might need the USB drivers)

FYI for Windows users: Make sure you run the "Verizon_Wireless_I515_Galaxy_Nexus_USB_Driver_v1.4.6.0.exe" after downloading it.

I didn't run the .exe before I started and got <waiting for device>. Ran the exe and then needed to follow the tips at the end of the guide before my phone was recognized. Everything went perfectly fine after that. When you get to Google screen at the end, just walk way. Go take a shower or watch TV, when you come back, it will be rooted!

lawlipop

May 26, 2010
Visit site

And for a question of my own. If i used this method to unlock the bootloader only, can I just skip to step 14 to root the phone or do I need to use another method to get root.

Was this answered? I have the bootloader unlocked but not rooted yet?

^^ This. I used the first method to unlock bootloader. Can i skip to the root step?

fbomb721

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

So I've followed all the steps and tried the troubleshooting. It still isn't working for me. After the troubleshooting a couple times it recognized the phone and the drivers don't have a yellow triangle next to the device anymore, but when I try to run the command it still says waiting for device. Any ideas?

Edit: After I tried again it worked, not sure why. Is it bad that it worked but in the command prompt it said "FAILED: Too many links" or something like it?

Edit: Alright it all worked now I'm just sitting at the Google screen hoping I got this!

Last edited:

whitecomet

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

This is so cool but I am scared just got my verizon nexus today. Just charged it and it is not even activated. I wish there was a one clik unlock option for now all I want to do is unlock the boot loader.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nssimpson