[Guide][New User] EL29 to FF18 User Guide

LS14EVR

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
My android os is at 5% :confused::what::confused:

Currently my Android OS is at 65%. Screen is at 20%. Android system is at 9%. This is after 5 hours on battery and my battery is down to 38%. The lowest on the list is Phone idle 2%

I'd show you a screen shot, but to try and surf this forum from phone will kill it!
:mad:

cenix

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
So I did the factory reset and while things seem to be a little smoother, it still doesn't fix the intermittent wifi issue at all. Actually wifi is slower on ics than gingerbread.

I hope sprint comes up with an update quickly because it sucks to have to turn wifi off/on again all the time after the phone sleeps. :mad:

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
So I did the factory reset and while things seem to be a little smoother, it still doesn't fix the intermittent wifi issue at all. Actually wifi is slower on ics than gingerbread.

I hope sprint comes up with an update quickly because it sucks to have to turn wifi off/on again all the time after the phone sleeps. :mad:

My wifi stays on even in deep sleep. Its killing me that so many people have issues with this update :(

crocostimpy

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Quick update, I saw other thread recommend formatting SD card to improve battery life. So I did. I am at 13.5 hours, 45% battery remaining.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

dgpete

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
My wifi stays on even in deep sleep. :(

I had that issue until I found that the ICS Update set it that way!
I went to SETTINGS>WIFI> then hit the MENU button to bring up the ADVANCED setting box. Hit that and selected "Keep WiFi on during Sleep" and set it to NEVER or ONLY WHEN PLUGGED IN. Otherwise it was on absolutely full time.

WiFi still kills the battery worse than GB and I now turn it on and off as needed but at least it isn't killing the phone when it was just asleep in my pocket!

My daughter is now getting the update message and I told he not to do it.. but it is one persistent message! I am now considering rooting my phone but no way I can root hers since she doesn't live near here and would have no one to turn to if she had issues and sprint would not like her dropping into the store with a rooted phone, me thinks.:(

Last edited: