[Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN with the New Interface

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
I have a Samsung galaxy note 2 SGH-I317M and supersu does not install after rooting using oDin 3.10.7. After rooting, the device status still says official... what is going on ?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
i have a galaxy note II model # sgh-i317M on koodo network. I am also on stock firmware for android 4.4.2 KitKat. After doing the Odin process, my entire phone re-installs the firmware, like it takes anywhere between 15-30 minutes for odin to complete, whereas other users with similar models say that it only takes a couple minutes.

After rebooting my phone, it completely erases all my files and docs. It's as if my note 2 did a hard reset and everything is back to deleted and back to start including the welcome screen. Is this supposed to happen ? am I doing something wrong ? How do I get vanilla firmware for koodo or for my model ?

thank you

Welcome to the forums. Sorry about the delay... Yes, this usually happens for me. Rooting the phone through Odin is possible, but I haven't seen it done in quite a while. Can you list out the steps?

lmmdezo

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Thank you thank you thank you!!!

I was hoping more than anything that I wouldn't be one of those people that messed up a tablet when trying to root it. But of course I was.. I really appreciate your whole guide to fixing the whole blinking logo screen. I thought my tablet was done for good. Thanks again!

bokiboki

Dec 4, 2016
Visit site
I had this exact problem with my GT-s7560m and I can assure you that you need to get a better ROM. First I tried another ROM that caused the phone to get hung up on boot (just holding on the Samsung screen vibrating in a 1-3 pattern) and I tried a few others before I settled on the one from SamMobile with Odin 3.11 (load the ROM under "AP" DO NOT check any boxes) and followed the above instructions and went from useless to fully functional 4.0.4.!

Don't give up on it.

Villematic

Dec 28, 2016
Visit site
Well I guess I need to give up.
Did the Odin installation on v.3.12.5. Everything went fine, it was a succes.
However, now it is stuck in the boot screen. And nothing works, I can't fire up recovery mode, can't fire up download mode.
My phone now can only show the boot screen, and that is it. It is completley broken

andykn

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
I've got Odin v3.12 (from the link in post #1) run as administrator, and my md5 file (from sammobile) successfully loaded. My Galaxy Tab 2 (GT-P5110) is in recovery mode and connected via USB to the laptop, which recognises it as "SAMSUNG Android ADB Interface" (Kies is installed).

But even after a 10 minute wait Odin doesn't see the tablet.

Any ideas?

Doh! I'm new to this Android malakey (this is my sister's tablet, I'm a iphoney).

I was in recovery mode, once I realised that Download mode was different and got into that Odin saw the tablet and is now downloading to it.

Whether that will fix the reboot every minute (but not in recovery mode) remains to be seen.

Last edited by a moderator:

andykn

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
Oh well, left it overnight and Odin reported download failed when I looked this morning. Does the debugging mode need to be enabled on the tablet fro Odin to work?

andykn

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
So once I managed to get the optimum USB port I managed to get the firmware quite a way through loading three time but Odin reported a write failure all three times in the same place, when the progress bar is alongside the 'M' of Samsung on the case.

So I'm guessing new motherboard is required.

CARLJRUS

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
Ok gents, here is the issue. I have the sm-t810. Everytime i try to flash it, it says kernel not seeandroid enforced. I was using the most up to date software for odin and stock rom. I clicked on the ap and it just gets me back to the start up screen and stays there. At this point i dont care if i have to erase everything and start over. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

parambir

May 15, 2017
Visit site
How does one know what is the latest Android OS supported by your mobile. I have Factory unlocked AT&T Note 3 N900A. It has 4.3 stock.
Also, If I do a hard reset, will the unlock keys be lost and the mobile gets locked again?

thaddeusgreene

Jun 21, 2017
Visit site
Will this work to reset to previous setting on Galaxy s7 and get rid of last update

Hello,

I know your post is old at this point but this is exactly what I used this for. I hated the newest update from Samsung. I got it to work but I needed to do a factory reset after I had already gone through the process. So if you are still looking into this I would suggest backing everything up first.

How does one know what is the latest Android OS supported by your mobile. I have Factory unlocked AT&T Note 3 N900A. It has 4.3 stock.
Also, If I do a hard reset, will the unlock keys be lost and the mobile gets locked again?

If you search for your device on SamMobile.com you should find a list of the different versions of the OS. As far as your questions about the reset is concerned I have never needed to do a hard reset on an unlocked device. I have done it with my iPad. I know, I know they are completely different but ios is a pain with that. So make sure you get and answer before you try.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12