Guys and gals...let all just relax

Status
Not open for further replies.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
All,

I upgrade once a year, I watch forums and news articles just like everyone else leading up to the release and arrival of my phone and I've learned myself and through the behavior of others, a couple of things:

1). No one you speak to at the end of an 800# or store can tell you when your phone is going to ship. No, they can't make it go faster, and no...just because your mother's brothers best friend's baby mama's godfather's goat Herder works for the carrier...doesn't mean they have advanced information either.

2). No one on the end of that 800# is trying to give you disinformation, they're not stupid and no...they're not well informed...now you know, being mad at it is your fault.

3). Yes, your excited about getting your phone...no...just like checking the "update now" button on your phone doesn't get you an OTA any faster...refreshing your order status, calling the carrier...or checking your text messages over an over won't make it show up faster.

4). No, the same thing and relative experience you had with ordering from X, shold not be your barometer/expectation setter for this device.

5). Getting your phone prior to release day is a treat...but your whole life doesn't hinge on it...you won't be the first one to post a video of a useless unboxing or first one to boot up your phone...and even if you did...nobody but you likely cares.

6). No...early review units and demos sent out to reviewers are not the same batch of phones with sometimes even the same/final software as what's being delivered to your home. Yes, one reviewer might have had 29 less seconds of on screen time that you expect...try not to open a wrist over it. It's not like they're using the phones the same way as you anyway...who the hell uses the air bnb app enough to have it installed and using location services.

7). Yes, different panels get used in different variants of the phones. No, you can't predict or control it...don't try to, prior to it showing up, and remember there's a 14-day return policy unless you were stupid enough to buy a new unreleased phone in swappable or Craigslist.

8). No, user with one post, of a highly derisive and inflammatory post about the quality or business practices of the manufacturer, strength of the competition, etc ad nauseam....Nobody cares that Samsung's dingo ate your baby. We're not going in for the love or hate fest becuse you're a crusader for whatever "leave Brittney alone" cause you're championing

9). Yes, Verizon brands phones, AT&T uses a stupid funky box and Sprint is out Jar Jar Binxing all iver itself...these things will never change...continuing to complain about them is really your fault...accept...or move on.

10). No, no one knows the exact date when your unreleased phone will get the new unreleased version of the unreleased major software release. Buying a phone based on what happens and month or more from now is kind of silly. If the phone doesn't do what you need it to do today...don't buy it...wait and see what happens.

Okay, that's enough for now...let's all Woosa. This phone like many before it and many to come will release...some people will live it, some will hate it...some people eat things like Mac and Cheetos....let's lower out overall anxiety level and blood pressure for a product release where we can all basically anticipate exactly what's going to happen!

Z

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
POST OF THE WEEK RIGHT HERE LADIES AND GENTS!

I just hate having to talk people off ledges because their phone hasn't updated yet!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Seems some are confusing warehouse forwarding to direct shipping. Most will probably get their orders on 8/19, since the orders usually get staged to ship at local delivery hubs. The staging is seen as the first shipment notice.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
It sure is comical watching the ledge jumpers though! I actually snort laughed a couple times. Although I never preorder, I can understand the anticipation. But yeah...it's a phone. Release date is Friday. It's coming. And barring someone physically standing with your phone with your tracking number in their hand, no one knows exactly where it is or the exact time Brown is gonna drop it off.

At&t Note5

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
So much love in this post. I was feeling oddly competitive this time around because I ordered last Friday and wanted to see if ordering 5 minutes after launch or ordering two weeks after made any difference though. 😜

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
All,

I upgrade once a year, I watch forums and news articles just like everyone else leading up to the release and arrival of my phone and I've learned myself and through the behavior of others, a couple of things:

1). No one you speak to at the end of an 800# or store can tell you when your phone is going to ship. No, they can't make it go faster, and no...just because your mother's brothers best friend's baby mama's godfather's goat Herder works for the carrier...doesn't mean they have advanced information either.

2). No one on the end of that 800# is trying to give you disinformation, they're not stupid and no...they're not well informed...now you know, being mad at it is your fault.

3). Yes, your excited about getting your phone...no...just like checking the "update now" button on your phone doesn't get you an OTA any faster...refreshing your order status, calling the carrier...or checking your text messages over an over won't make it show up faster.

4). No, the same thing and relative experience you had with ordering from X, shold not be your barometer/expectation setter for this device.

5). Getting your phone prior to release day is a treat...but your whole life doesn't hinge on it...you won't be the first one to post a video of a useless unboxing or first one to boot up your phone...and even if you did...nobody but you likely cares.

6). No...early review units and demos sent out to reviewers are not the same batch of phones with sometimes even the same/final software as what's being delivered to your home. Yes, one reviewer might have had 29 less seconds of on screen time that you expect...try not to open a wrist over it. It's not like they're using the phones the same way as you anyway...who the hell uses the air bnb app enough to have it installed and using location services.

7). Yes, different panels get used in different variants of the phones. No, you can't predict or control it...don't try to, prior to it showing up, and remember there's a 14-day return policy unless you were stupid enough to buy a new unreleased phone in swappable or Craigslist.

8). No, user with one post, of a highly derisive and inflammatory post about the quality or business practices of the manufacturer, strength of the competition, etc ad nauseam....Nobody cares that Samsung's dingo ate your baby. We're not going in for the love or hate fest becuse you're a crusader for whatever "leave Brittney alone" cause you're championing

9). Yes, Verizon brands phones, AT&T uses a stupid funky box and Sprint is out Jar Jar Binxing all iver itself...these things will never change...continuing to complain about them is really your fault...accept...or move on.

10). No, no one knows the exact date when your unreleased phone will get the new unreleased version of the unreleased major software release. Buying a phone based on what happens and month or more from now is kind of silly. If the phone doesn't do what you need it to do today...don't buy it...wait and see what happens.

Okay, that's enough for now...let's all Woosa. This phone like many before it and many to come will release...some people will live it, some will hate it...some people eat things like Mac and Cheetos....let's lower out overall anxiety level and blood pressure for a product release where we can all basically anticipate exactly what's going to happen!

Z

Thank you. This needed to be said. Reading the comments on the preorder threads can be quite irritating.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto Z Force Droid

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
This happens every new release for a top phone. People getting passed because they don't get the phone early and can't stop calling their wireless company to see when the orders will be shipped. Going into the stores asking roundabout questions to see if they can get the device sooner than promised. I get the anticipation and excitement for a new device. And i get that sometimes we get devicea eary. But thats not a standard look to each release. Some people need to cool it a bit and realize that life isn't over if you don't get your device 2 days before they told you that you would or if you don't have a tracking number 5 days before that date.

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey!! You all are NOT going to ruin Christmas morning for me! I am an adult! This is my new toy and it's Christmas Eve.

Leave us all alone!!! :p ;)

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
With these new releases, the forums do have a "How kids act the week before Christmas" feel to it. It's exciting for everyone (me too) and I do think folks have the right to be excited. I have to admit - being a tech junkie - talking about what my new shiny device will do, and speculating on future features, talking cases, etc is strangely fun for me. I do like the anticipation and fun of discussing it with fellow junkies.

That said, there are shades of grey to excitement, and wow, some folks are all kinds of OCD overboard, especially with the shipping dates. Holy!

I love the OP post, but I just kind of laugh at all the fun and grab some popcorn, because for me it is all kinds of amusing :)

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't want to ruin your holiday...but poking the plastic Santa on your front lawn isn't going to make it morning any faster :D

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the comments all.

Now all we have to do is wait, wait for the first OTA when 1million and 1 people will start posting their zip codes and astrological signs as to point out how they're phone is going to or has gotten an update first.

On that note...Snake oil...I got some fresh snake oil here for the low low price of 29.99 a bottle!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
All,

Z

Thanks Dad!

Lol, people are just having a good time. No need for lectures.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Dad!

No. People are freaking out and bugging customer service reps because they think they're entitled to get it early because they preordered.

See: all preorder threads.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto Z Force Droid

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Dad!

The funny thing is not everyone is having a good time. They're really upset, switching carriers, cancelling orders, frustrated and just angry lol. Some do have some situations where it warrants those feelings. But some are just being silly about all of this. Those people are the ones that should probably relax, just a little ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky