Gyroscope stopped working the day I changed networks

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So at some point a month ago, I noticed that my phone wasn't auto-rotating when I was moving it around. Not big deal, I thought. The phone (a Galaxy S6) is pretty old now so I figured I had just dropped it one too many times or whatever. Anyway, 2 days ago, I did a lot of walking at I wondered how far I had walked to went into my app that counts steps. Of course, it said zero steps because the sensors has stopped working a while back. At this point I hadn't put 2 and 2 together yet and I thought I must have set it to stop counting steps or something (the battery has been acting weird lately too but that's another issue) so I decided to go back in my app so see when the last time it had recorded my steps. That date was March 6th and that was the date that I changed networks. I remember when I activated by new SIM, the network sent new settings to my phone which I happily applied.

Could these new settings have been what have knocked out some of my phone's sensors? Or is it just a big coincidence and it was just the phone being old? And if it just a setting, how do I change it back again? I believe settings of Gyroscopes and such have been removed from later Android versions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d