Happy 2nd Birthday global OnePlus 6T

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Happy 2nd Birthday to the Global OnePlus 6T!

dDKIS2Th.jpg

Yes, today, the 6th November, marks 2 years since the worldwide release of the global OnePlus 6T back in 2018.

With its 6.41" screen, 6/8GB of memory, 128/256GB storage and a 20MP camera the global OnePlus 6T offered better spec's than most phones on the market at that time and can hold its own even today against a lot of devices out there.

The global OnePlus 6T now enters its 3rd year of support from OnePlus and as per their schedule, this will be approximately bi-monthly, (every 2 months), Android Security updates for the next year.

Also, OnePlus has stated that both the global OnePlus 6 & 6T will receive an update to Android 11 in future. No official time scale has been given for when the platform update will happen but if OnePlus follow the 5 series schedule we should see Open Beta test releases for the 6 series probably in Q2, (April-June), of 2021 with a stable OxygenOS release, barring hiccups, around mid to late Q2.

On a personal note I must say that for me, the OnePlus 6T running on a fast 2G/3G/LTE network in the U.K. with 99% coverage and fast fibre optic Wi-Fi broadband and without any extra country or carrier bloatware, has been and still is, a trusty and reliable phone and well worth the money.

Well done OnePlus and Happy 2nd Birthday to the global 6T.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
The 6T served me well for almost 2 years, but Tmo made an offer I couldn't refuse on Galaxy S20 FE and traded it in. One thing def better with the FE is the fingerprint reader. Instant vs the multiple press and hold on the 6T.