HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the HTC EVO 4G!!! ***belated***

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
WOW!!! Can you guys believe it, our little guys are a whole year old. They have been through so much, from 3 official OTA's to countless custom ROMs, kernels, themes etc...and by looking at the forum main menu the most popular phone here with almost 158,000 posts. I wish I would have had the proper amount of time to post this thread 4 days ago, but with all the excitment of a new OTA and all the things they bring it kinda got put off...but no worries. Anyway guys, I was wanting to hear your favorite memory from the past year with your EVO. From the happiest of times where it saved the day when you were in a tight bind or the saddest of days when you dropped it for the first time. I truly hope everyone has loved this little guy as much as I have and hope it continues to rise to the challenges laid before it. I know that there have been a few dual-core phones come out but it's still a powerhouse in my eyes, that 1Ghz processor still hasn't let me down yet. Heck it set the standard for a vast majority of what all Android handset look like. I mean it was the first of the Android giants. So raise your glasses fellow EVOers to one of the greatest mobile devices ever created. Here's too another awesome year, see you guys in the forum. :cool:

Last edited:

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Now that you're one year old, it's time to pass you on to my nephew to make room in my pocket for some Evo 3d goodness. But hey, happy birthday, it's been a great year.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Sure doesn't seem like does it guys. Your right though, it really has been a great year. I just wish every Android got this kind of love, our community would be unstoppable. There wouldn't be a need for another platform. EVO....the EVOlution of phones. :-D

Sent from my evil hideout. MUWHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
It's been a lot of fun. The EVO was my first Android device and it's been a great introduction. A true power house.

On June 3rd 2011 I activated a Nexus S 4G and with my Evo sitting on my desk, in airplane mode, no LED blinking, no vibration of any kind I felt a little sentimental over the phone. It's really an exceptional piece of hardware and a great community here, at xda & on IRC surrounding it.

I remember waking up at 4:30AM on 6/4/2010, my girl and I walked over to Radio Shack with two beach chairs and setup shop no later than 5:15AM. She was a little pissed at me, she's not really in to this sort of thing and because no one else had showed up. By 5:45 there was a line of people behind us and the early trip was justified. She walked in to RS when they opened at 6AM and said, "do you guys carry cable wire" - it's been a lot of fun. They only had 5 available and we took the first two. Walking down the street back to our apartment I almost walked in front of a truck because I was only paying attention to that gorgeous 4.3" screen.

HTC & Sprint did a great job and 4G is really the way of the future, how can you knock those speeds on a device like the Evo? It's just a match made in data driven heaven.

Happy Belated Evo 4G!

Not one day passed that I didn't have that thing attached me to.

noshooz

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
My Evo's "birthday" isn't until July 13th. I failed to act on launch day and had to suffer through a lack of stock until I was finally able to order a white EVO online at Best Buy. I still love mine as much as the day I got it. Only drawback is the battery life, but that's most likely because I use it so much. I still haven't dropped mine (knock on wood). It's been case-kept since day one and is in mint condition.

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Its been a great year. My best memory was rooting and flashing my first custom ROM CM6 in early December. I plan to keep the EVO 4G for awhile. It still suits my needs... that is until Tegra 3 is out.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Haha, great stories guys...please keep them coming. I can say without a doubt the saddest moment came a month into having it. I was at work and had it sitting on my desk in the receiving area. Well the table got bumped and it fell out smacking the dock plate and cracking the screen. I was in pure shock as to what had just transpired. Thankfully Sprint sent me a new one for free and told me to keep the first SD card as well. So all in all it everything turned out for the best. Happiest moment of course was getting the phone and holding it for the time. Made me feel like a million bucks. :-D

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I remember when launch day came. I didn't think I would be able to upgrade to the EVO since I had just upgraded to the Samsung Moment 6 months earlier so just put it off for a while. When it came time for the white EVO to make its debut, I checked the Best Buy site for ***** & giggles to see when I could upgrade. To my surprise, it said I was eligible for an upgrade!! I immediately called the Best Buy near me to see if they had any in stock (expecting they didn't) and the rep said they did in both black & white!!

I asked if they could hold one for me but they told me they had pleanty on stock. I rushed over right after work to get my EVO. The rep asked what phone I currently had and when I said I had the Moment he had a confused look on his face. He asked if I was sure I was eligible for an upgrade & I said yes. He had an even more shocked look on his face when he saw I was......lol

Needless to say, I was able to walk out with my EVO (black) and was excited to get home to play with it :)

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
That's always cool man...the unexpected upgrade. I did have to find out the hard way though that Sprint wont let you exchange on launch day, you have to wait till the next day. I had bought a Hero just under 30 days of the EVO releasing. Figured I'd pick it up so I could begin to get a grasp of what Android was all about. Then launch day came and they told me no. After I had left I got home and got a phone call from the Sprint store telling me I could pick it up. Having to explain to her that they had just told me that I couldn't because I was exchanging, she took my name and told me they would call me. Thankfully I was first on the list and was able to go the very next day and pick up my baby. :-D

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Its by far the best phone i have owned yet. I do plan on sticking with the evo family. Have 2 on my family account and the third one wants one as well.

Sent from my EVOlution