Happy Birthday V20

Medevac1

Apr 17, 2020
Visit site
So it's been what, 4 years since I traded in my LG G4 for my T-mobile branded V20 and this tank of a phone is still very much alive and kicking. Over the years its made the transition from Nougat to Oreo, survived a number of drops, and continues to be a testament to one of LG's best devices back when they were risk takers and innovators. With its Quad DAC audio, unique camera/video array, IR remote control capabilities, useful 2nd screen, swappable battery and tough as nails aluminum body, the LG is the last of it's kind and to me an icon. It has newer stablemates now in the form of an LG V40 and a Note 9 which have taken over the daily driver duties. But when I have a doctor's appointment I dust "The Tank" off and it comes with me so that I can use that IR blaster to change the channels on the waiting room TV, something its more recent team members can not do. Here's to the V20 where they truly don't make them like that anymore.

Last edited:

mrdave570

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
I make 4 years in October. I had to buy a lot of replacement batteries but not much else. No repairs. No data loss. No cracks. I stopped using a screen protector after 3 years. The camera isn't good far away but its wonderful to go from 10% to 99% in a minute. I walk around with an extra battery in my wallet. I DO want a new phone. But this V20 is too easy for me to use and I like the screen size. I will upgrade in 2021.

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
The main reason V20 is my favoritest device is because it takes these huge aftermarket 10,000 mAh batteries. I have several and the term recharge means swapping the battery and then charging the empty one in the charging device. neat.