Happy with Evo 4g LTE?

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
There still hasn't been a single good reason named for why the battery can't be changed.

Yes there has been. I have mentioned several in several postings. Having a non-removable battery improves the strength and rigidity of case, it reduces weight and size, and it keeps the phone better sealed.

I, personally, would still prefer a removable battery. But the Evo LTE has shown that it is nowhere near as important as most people thought it would be. And that for the huge majority of users, the large internal battery coupled with the excellent energy efficiency of the Evo LTE is more than sufficient. When it isn't, grab an external battery, just like you would grab a spare internal one for some other phone.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I love my evo. I got it launch weekend. Sure it may have a bug or two or is not a perfect product but what device or software is ....I'll tell you which one....not one of them. I'm not making excuses for sprint or HTC, just stating a fact.

Reactions: FaisDogg

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I tried it. The only problem with it was the BATTERY!

If you get more than 12 hours out of this battery, it's because you don't use your phone much, period.

With all the battery tweaks, I only got 12 hours!

When I used it something serious I only got 8.

I notice people who claim these incredible battery lives use most of it on standby and idle.

If you use your phone, you'll notice that the screen uses the vast majority of the battery.

Then voice.

There isn't a some good reason to put this phone into production without the ability to change the battery.

I challenge anyone to give me a good reason to her rid of the replaceable battery

*swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*

People with jobs and lives don't just sit there and never let phone screen turn off.....I consider myself moderate to heavy user and I have been able to pull 14-18 hours and it gets better with light usage...and it also depends on the # of "battery killer" installed on the device....whether you have good coverage, or if your connected to WiFi most of the time.

Stats say that the avg consumer is happy with it...there always going to be people b**ching about it...just sayin
ahm ahm :)

Sent from EVO 4G LTE

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm eligible for my upgrade tomorrow. Still leaning towards the evo even though the multitasking issue seems so bad.

I will probably get it from best buy if they still have the free $50 gift card. Wish they had some working models. The dummy units are so stupid.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I could never get more than 4 to 6 hours out of my 4G and 3D before recharging. I can easily get 12 hours plus from my EVO4GLTE.

For me heavy use would be about an hour of phone time, an hour of GPS app and music during my run, and about two to three hours of internet time dispersed throughout the day and evening.

I do have a family and a profession that demand a lot of my time.

How do you define heavy use, Hustleman?

Heavy use for me is 2 hours of gaming and music on the way to work, an hour of calling on my lunch, texting throughout the day, web browsing and forum posting for a an hour on the way home, another hour of gaming, coming home and usually on the phone with a friend while playing with my kid, phone gets put down, then picked, for a total of about 2 more hours of games, then some video and picture taking in between.

I just don't see a full days charge coming from that phone. It's the reason I returned it.

Other than that, I didn't see anything wrong with it aside from that silly design with the glossy and plain black, but other than that, perfect phone.

If I could get a whole day, them the battery wouldn't be an issue, but I still say it should be replaceable.

every reason named for making it non replaceable could still be done with a replaceable battery.

Android is about options, why remove that option?

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Heavy use for me is 2 hours of gaming and music on the way to work, an hour of calling on my lunch, texting throughout the day, web browsing and forum posting for a an hour on the way home, another hour of gaming, coming home and usually on the phone with a friend while playing with my kid, phone gets put down, then picked, for a total of about 2 more hours of games, then some video and picture taking in between.

I just don't see a full days charge coming from that phone. It's the reason I returned it.

Other than that, I didn't see anything wrong with it aside from that silly design with the glossy and plain black, but other than that, perfect phone.

If I could get a whole day, them the battery wouldn't be an issue, but I still say it should be replaceable.

every reason named for making it non replaceable could still be done with a replaceable battery.

I think under guidelines a full charge with gaming would actually be about 5-6 hrs total.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Just so everyone is aware you can only receive one discount per service line. You can't use for instance military service and AAA just one or the other. Just sayin:beer:;)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

OK. A full day for me is quite different than for you. I don't spend hours playing games and I text very little.

I have exactly what I want and what works well for me. Obviously you'll do the same. I rather doubt that the only high end smart phone sold this year will be the EVO 4G LTE.

No need for either of us to try to convince the other of the error of his ways. Enjoy your new device whatever it ends up being and I'll do the same with mine.

SolarPlexus

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Love mine!
Love the size.
Love the Screen.
Love the speed.
Love the design.

Personally, I find removable batteries to be over-rated. I get why people want them, but it doesn't mean much to me.

Krasin

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I love mine. I only regret not picking up a nexus bc if I had, then I'd have the sexy new Google Now that my brother is teasing me with.

tain311

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I love my new evo, I was worried about the battery (always kept a spare for my other evo) but I have been very surprised how long it lasts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky