hard shell protects dropping?

pnico

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Hello I was wondering I bet we all drop our cell.once in a while. Do these hard shell cases absorb some or most of the impact?
Just wondering thanks my phone has also rebooted itself and froze once or twice.. how much of this is to be expected because these devices are somewhat buggy..?
Thanks for any feedback

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Some cases absorb shock, some don't. (A rigid plastic case firmly affixed to the phone transmits the shock to the phone.) I'd sooner use a TPU case with a silicone liner.

Even so, if the plane of the shock is just right, and it's just enough shock (and that could be a 1 foot drop to balsa wood), the screen can shatter. (It doesn't take much to cleave a diamond, if you tap it on a cleavage plane.) I prefer making sure that I don't drop my phone. (They don't make Startacs or Nextel i530 or i700 phones any more.)

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Life proof or Otterbox or any case that has a good amount of soft material between the phone and the outside of the case. I had an aluminum bumper case on my s4 which had a minimal amount of foam but that was more to protect the phone from getting scratches to protect itself from the bumper case rubbing against it.

Now I just use a TPU case.

9a2733a82f4d8087f9925bc2380c338b.jpg

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note Edge on AT&T

TCD

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I'd second the OtterBox Defender. My grandson dropped my phone from up on my shoulders at Costco yesterday with no damage while we were in shopping for a new laptop for my daughter.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigthangz80