Hardware or Software issue with charging?

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2.2 un-rooted Fasc.

Recently it has been acting up when I am trying to charge.

If I plug in a charger (tried various chargers) it indicates that it is charging normally. When I unplug the charger it continues with the indications/icons that it is charging. After a few minutes unplugged, it will display the "Your phone is charged. Unplug your charger" notification box and Icon at the top. I close the notification box. The icon stays at the top and the battery status stays on full from then on. I must reset (power down and restart) to return it to "non-charging" mode and see what the actual battery level is.

Hardware or software?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If you are using the OEM usb cable and the OEM battery you may have a problem with the USB port. I rooted a friends Droid X and shortly after he started having problems completely unrelated to the root and I figured out it was his USB port. His phone was not accepting a charge which is more serious than your problem, but sounds related. Unfortunately his only solution was to get a refurbished phone from verizon, but he has had absolutely no problems with the refurb.

EgnerFamily

May 22, 2011
Visit site
yes everything is original parts and original from the box wall/usb charger, no funny buisness here. Also it sometimes randomly displays USB Connected to Computer message when there is no such connection, the usb port on the phone is empty. Power off or battery pull usually puts things back to normal but very annoying.