Has Anyone got Verizon Google Pixel 6 pro December Update

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Personally, I think Google has pulled it. It would be nice if they would let everybody know though. I've stopped trying to check for it.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
My opinion is it wouldn't be a good idea to sideload it if you are on Verizon. They are obviously holding this up due to concerns about the network. Also, this update has some new connectivity features with Verizon's ultra wide band 5G. Seems like you would want the update made specifically to match your device and carrier, and it is worth waiting for them to get it right.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I think Google has pulled it. It would be nice if they would let everybody know though. I've stopped trying to check for it.

This!!!! I don't understand why they can't just put out a blurb like. "we've encountered some issues with the rollout in Europe/ROW, and we've decided to pause the OTA rollout in the US until we can determine the root cause, and not impact usability of the device" why is that so hard??

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
My opinion is it wouldn't be a good idea to sideload it if you are on Verizon. They are obviously holding this up due to concerns about the network. Also, this update has some new connectivity features with Verizon's ultra wide band 5G. Seems like you would want the update made specifically to match your device and carrier, and it is worth waiting for them to get it right.
I'm running the unlocked on Verizon with no issues whatsoever and I do have the setting to toggle on UW which I think it's what they were talking about that feature for nearby share

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm running the unlocked on Verizon with no issues whatsoever and I do have the setting to toggle on UW which I think it's what they were talking about that feature for nearby share

Yes, that is the setting I was talking about. Thanks for the update.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if I want it, with all the issues it may bring. My 6 Pro is working just fine right now.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Y'all can sideload the update...

Why would I sideload an update that Verizon is most likely purposely holding back because of probable issues with network connectivity?

I've had almost all the Pixels since the original, and every month I get it on my Verizon provided device on the first Monday, like everyone else. The fact they are not pushing this one yet tells me there is a problem and I should wait for them to fix it. I'm thinking their engineers know more than I do.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if I want it, with all the issues it may bring. My 6 Pro is working just fine right now.

Same here. I usually delay updates for a week or two to make sure there aren't any major issues. My P6P is also working fine, since day one over a month ago.

swampbaby

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Why would I sideload an update that Verizon is most likely purposely holding back because of probable issues with network connectivity?

I've had almost all the Pixels since the original, and every month I get it on my Verizon provided device on the first Monday, like everyone else. The fact they are not pushing this one yet tells me there is a problem and I should wait for them to fix it. I'm thinking their engineers know more than I do.

All that new data collection Verizon is gearing up for....

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Same here. I usually delay updates for a week or two to make sure there aren't any major issues. My P6P is also working fine, since day one over a month ago.

I do too. I'm usually checking in forums like this one first to see what types of problems and comments people are making.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny