has ANYONE successfully rooted GS3 sph L710(Sprint) running 4.3?

johnathin15noob

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
It seems att gs3 can be rooted but I can only get as far as a custom recovery. Anyone else have a successful method specific to sph L710???

Posted via Android Central App

johnathin15noob

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. But it seems like no one has made a root video or method AFTER the 4.3 update that works for Sprint sph L710.

Nothing has worked for me.

Posted via Android Central App

johnathin15noob

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
hey @meyerweb, I'VE SUCCESSFULLY ROOTED SPRINTS GALAXY S3 SPH L710 MK3(knoxed)! i couldn't have done it without your help and cnexus from xda and this thread and community.

Recovery: Philz recovery 6.0.0.8
download stock mk3 rooted, knox remover, wifi fix, and supersu.

worked just as your instruction said. philz recovery seems to be the only difference i made. it is an amazing set up and recognizes internal and external memory perfectly. i'd suggest anyone who was having as hard as a time as i was to use philz!!! it's so good for this specific device... here's the link

http://d-h.st/users/philz_touch/?fld_id=25216#files donate! where you can when you can.

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
hey @meyerweb, I'VE SUCCESSFULLY ROOTED SPRINTS GALAXY S3 SPH L710 MK3(knoxed)! i couldn't have done it without your help and cnexus from xda and this thread and community.

Recovery: Philz recovery 6.0.0.8
download stock mk3 rooted, knox remover, wifi fix, and supersu.

worked just as your instruction said. philz recovery seems to be the only difference i made. it is an amazing set up and recognizes internal and external memory perfectly. i'd suggest anyone who was having as hard as a time as i was to use philz!!! it's so good for this specific device... here's the link

Dev-Host - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service donate! where you can when you can.

How did you do it? My wife's phone has 4.3 on it and I would like to try it on her's

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
i rooted mine with safe root + disable KNOX. The files are in my mediafire account at: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/d8rrqrj4n17v7/Galaxy_S3_(SPH-L710) Just please download these into a separate folder. if you go to this video you can get in depth instructions on rooting it but do not download from his link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=yuBuD9aL12o

Please don't mirror anyone's work without permission, it doesn't bother me, but many devs dislike it, especially when you don't give credit so here's the original post.
[ROOT] Saferoot: Root for VRUEMJ7, MK2, and Android 4.3 - xda-developers

unclescary

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I was rooted. I unrooted so I could have "phone" as my wife. I regret it. I have Sprint S3 SPH-l710. I was running CM11. Wanted to go back to stock to help wife. I did it. I had used a Knox remover. I now have 4.4.2 on phone. Tried that CF does not work. Can I use Odin to flash back to Jelly bean and then root? Any suggestions. Thanks

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I was rooted. I unrooted so I could have "phone" as my wife. I regret it. I have Sprint S3 SPH-l710. I was running CM11. Wanted to go back to stock to help wife. I did it. I had used a Knox remover. I now have 4.4.2 on phone. Tried that CF does not work. Can I use Odin to flash back to Jelly bean and then root? Any suggestions. Thanks

You cannot use Odin to flash back to jellybean. Many people have bricked there phones doing this. You can root with cf auto root sometimes it just takes a few tries or you can flash a custom recovery, preferably philz latest(philz is the go to for the nd8 build) through Odin and then flash the SuperSU zip through recovery.

Last edited by a moderator:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Note that once you've rooted 4.4.2, you can flash a 4.3 ROM in recovery, if you really want to. You just can't use Odin to revert to a bootloader prior to 4.4.2, nor change the modem. For now, at least, you're stuck with the 4.4.2 bootloader and modem.