Has anyone successfully rooted the Evo Design

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
all these people who claim they rooted their EVO Design should post the files they used because all the files I found online were not working or were for phones running gingerbread. After Sprint decided to give us the ICS update, all the GB work is useless...

lolinternet

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
If I remember correctly, ICS broke the Zergrush exploit that was used to gain root on GB. But, you don't need root to fastboot flash recovery, then flash the su binary to gain root from recovery.

*Sent from work early bcuz some1 4got teh NSFW tag*

lolinternet

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Be patient and I'll try to write up a user friendly guide and upload needed files if I have to but that shouldn't be necessary.

I can tell you first and foremost that you'll need the Android SDK, so you should Google how to download and install it on your computer.

Masterpoolcat

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Your help would be greatly appreciated lolinternet. I am stuck trying to root the Design from Sprint also. It came installed with the newest update already. I can't even unlock it with HTCDev. It just hangs at the last step. Is this latest version even unlockable? rootable? Thank in advance for any help.

lolinternet

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
What exactly is being done at that last step? It's been a while since I used htcdev to unlock, but I remember that I had that same hang on a certain step and had to unplug my phone then plug it back it for it to work. If it hangs in command prompt while "waiting for device" you can try that. Be very careful here. You can only disconnect it if it says "waiting for device." I would wait at least a minute before trying to be sure that it is in fact hanging.