Has anyone used Infinitive SD card/ mirco sd and are the any good. They are on sell very cheap

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Without casting aspersions, let me put it this way:

The ONLY SD cards I buy are SanDisk. I've never had one fail (and I have 256MB and smaller cards). I've gotten a reply to an email sent on Sunday evening before I woke up on Monday morning. You can talk live to their techs (upper right corner of SanDisk microSD Tech Support). They're an easy company to work with (if you ever have to, which should be never - I've called them on non-"my card doesn't work" matters. They actually sound as if they care.).

Samsung? I've never used one and, from what I hear they're pretty good. How easy the company is to deal with varies.

Unnamed cheap cards? Sorry, if I had data that was worth so little, I wouldn't bother copying it to a card.

Cards are cheap, data is expensive.

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
MicroSD cards definitely fall under the "you get what you pay for" category. If it's cheap, there's a reason why it's cheap....because it's cheaply made and will most likely fail, potentially causing you to lose anything and everything you have stored on there. Save yourself a lot of heartache and buy a Samsung or San Disk card.

Posted via the Android Central App

rfortson

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I'm going to take one for the team. Walgreens has 32gb micro SD cards for $12.99 (if you have their rewards card). I'm giving it to my daughter to use in my old HTC Desire Eye.

BTW the 64gb SanDisk card I had in there failed in a way I've never seen before. I thought I deleted everything off of it before giving it to her in the phone, but everything was still there. I took the card back and tried to format but no dice. Never could get it to format, and it turns out to be a somewhat common failure. I guess it's better than losing info, but not good for privacy if you share cards.

ybflorida

Nov 29, 2017
Visit site
Hello, I just came across your comment and found it very helpful. I have a PNY SD card that apparently failed, lost some photos but I am looking into recovering them.... any input if this works? What a disaster, I hope I didn't lose the photos, I am bummed. Will stick with Sandisk...