Hate Sprint so much right now! (LTE sucks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalixIncendium

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Sure, it can be slow....but it works.

Precisely my point. As I said previously, I might be paying a bit more for AT&T, but their service is far superior than that of Splint. Not just in my area either, as I travel and have experienced both services in multiple locations.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
As compared to? What other carriers have you used in the last year that justify this assessment. This is my speed test on AT&T's network this afternoon. I was lucky to squeeze 12 Mbps out of Splint's network on their new LTE in Columbus, OH.

View attachment 94645
I'd be interested to see your killer data speeds on the Splint network in your area.

WOW!!! 12Mbps a second! You do know that's almost faster than most people's internet connection don't you??? And 24Mbps is awesome.

AAAAAND....I never said ANYTHING about KILLER DATA speeds now did I?? I just said I great service. And I do. I also get LTE if that's any concern.

Also, I've been with Sprint for 12 years. But I have lotsa friends on other carriers and we compare. No real data comparison...as none of my statements had anything to do with...data comparisons.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Precisely my point. As I said previously, I might be paying a bit more for AT&T, but their service is far superior than that of Splint. Not just in my area either, as I travel and have experienced both services in multiple locations.

Well. I travel too. All over the state of Florida. Everyday. Mon-Fri. No complaints. But I'd rather have a little slower speeds and have unlimited than be bound by a cap and pay more. To each his own.

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I feel your frustration. I just purchased my GN3 a couple of days ago and switched from Verizon. I don't even have 3G at my house and calls are being dropped. Returning mine today and switching to either T mobile or At&t.
Make sure that T-Mobile works in your area. Especially in large buildings. T-mobile didn't work inside large buildings in my area so I ended up going with AT&T. You couldn't pay me to go back to Sprint.
Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I dumped Sprint, after 15 years, because, ever since they started NV upgrades in my area, I could no longer hold a call worth a damn. When T-Mobile came up with their innovative, customer-friendly "uncarrier" stuff, and I found TMO had coverage equal-to or better than Sprint's, in my area: I was gone.

Sprint was slightly better inside big buildings with metal roofs. Or, at least, it was before the NV upgrades started. Other than that: TMO has been much better in every respect. And TMO is costing us about half what Sprint would cost us for the service package we need.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I've been with Sprint since 2005 and I agree their phone CS has gone downhill about the past three years. I lived someplace else when I signed up with them but didn't have a smartphone until this location and they make me almost cry.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

int_architect

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I dumped Sprint, after 15 years, because, ever since they started NV upgrades in my area, I could no longer hold a call worth a damn. When T-Mobile came up with their innovative, customer-friendly "uncarrier" stuff, and I found TMO had coverage equal-to or better than Sprint's, in my area: I was gone.

^^THIS^^ We've been with Sprint for five years, but heading to TMo and looking forward to it. Since we still have Wimax 4G devices, I did lots of research on Sprint's LTE network before deciding on TMo. Admittedly, our WiMax service has been pretty decent, but has become less reliable as of late. The clincher for me was extraordinarily poor 3G service -- absolutely horrendous. Our cellphone service has actually become worse with Sprint's NV upgrades: dropped calls or no service in areas where I previously had service; 3G speeds comparable to the time it takes paint to dry; and 4G signal drop that causes my phone to reboot despite PRL and Profile updates.

So once our TMo devices arrive later this week it's so long, Sprint!

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
How are you getting 18Mbps and saying they're slow? I get a fraction of a Mbps!

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
Because sometimes during peek hours it does slow down a bit to about 8Mbps. I also travel so it's a mixed bag but my service has been pretty good overall.

moonoverparma00

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
As compared to? What other carriers have you used in the last year that justify this assessment. This is my speed test on AT&T's network this afternoon. I was lucky to squeeze 12 Mbps out of Splint's network on their new LTE in Columbus, OH.

View attachment 94645

I'd be interested to see your killer data speeds on the Splint network in your area.

You do know that sprints lte is in its infinite stages in Columbus right? If you were able to pull 12megs I'd say that's good considering there are only a few towers upgraded right now.

Posted via Android Central App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjeans