have anyone received update yet?

rvandroid

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
for those that received the update, did you get speech-to-text for the input fields? Also, does pinch-to-zoom work in Google Maps?

I did the manual install posted on Android Central this morning, and I don't see these features. I'm wondering if the file was just a leak or if it's the same as what Verizon's pushing OTA.

gotwood3001

Mar 30, 2010
www.facebook.com
for those that received the update, did you get speech-to-text for the input fields? Also, does pinch-to-zoom work in Google Maps?

I did the manual install posted on Android Central this morning, and I don't see these features. I'm wondering if the file was just a leak or if it's the same as what Verizon's pushing OTA.

I did it this morning and the pinch to zoom does not work. I am beginng to think this was a leak version as well.

mababa

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I have been waiting on the upgrade since the day I got the Eris which was the day it was first released. I was hoping that they would release the upgrade by the date the phone was purchased since we've been waiting so long. Also, it cannot be in alphabetical order or I would have also been one of the first to receive. I know I'm very impatient but HURRY! I have been waiting on this forever. Does anyone know if they are just sending the upgrade randomly or if there is any particular way it is going out. Just curious and anxious.

joe gahona

May 15, 2010
Visit site

I got an auto-update this morning (didn't even realize we were getting it), and I received no speech to text, at least as far as I can tell.

clucas#AC

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I have the leak version for a few weeks now. Has anyone with the leak rec'd the OTA? I keep seeing that those with the leak will get the OTA. I'd like to know if anyone has rec'd the OTA who had the leak?

172av8r

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I got mine this morning (zip code 01824, Massachusetts, if that matters)
so far I really like it. Very smooth. Google navigation is nice. One thing.. you lose all your home screen layouts (the update deletes any shortcuts, widgets, etc you have from the home pages, and sets to default layout).. so write down what you had where, if it matters to you!

Whitedynomite

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Just to clear some things up here folks..I got Outta the shower ,in in my NOTIFICATION BAR i got A MESSGAE "new verizon UPDATE AVAILABLE.....AFTER IT WAS DONE DOWNLOADING I DID NOT LOSE ANY OF MY CONTACTS OR PICS/VIDEOS,ETC, AND THE VERSION SAYS firmWARE 2.1...i LOVE IT,BRA!

sjankis630

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Got mine Saturday May 15th at 3:00 am I was still up and in bed. Fell asleep while it downloaded.
It is OK so far but there are a couple of issues.
1) my phone feels no faster or snappier and the battery life seems about the same (so that is a wash)
2) some of my apps (facebook and google listen) no longer work. They open and seem to work OK but when I to into messages or try to stream something they both crash immediately. I guess I will have to uninstall them and try to reinstall. I really use Google listen a lot and I took some pics this weekend out at a couple of farms in Loudoun VA and can't get on facebook to send them out to friends.
update - reinstalled both apps and now they both work OK. I anticipate having to do the same for some other apps, just have not had time to put the OS through its paces.
Has anyone done a decent comparison of google nav with Garmin? I did a little backcountry driving this past weekend and the google nav did an OK job, but I have not used it vs my 3+ year old Garmin.

Last edited: