Have I bricked my Nexus 7?

TheCelestial

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I Think I've Bricked My Nexus 7, Please Help!

Everything started with me following a PC-Advisor Thread to install Android Lollipop on my Nexus 7 (2012 Wi-Fi Only).

The process worked, but I wasn't satisfied with its performance so I decided to revert to KitKat V.4.4.2. I used 'WugFresh Nexus Root Toolkit' to 'Flash Stock + Unroot' and choose V.4.4.2.

After the process completed, my device didn't proceed from the initial 'Google' logo screen. I was able to cycle among the following options using volume up/down keys:

Start - Restart Bootloader - Recovery Mode - Power Off

If I choose 'Start' or 'Recovery Mode', it would say 'Booting Failed' at the top-left corner of the screen. So I freaked out and using 'WugFresh Root Toolkit', reverted it to Lollipop V.5.0 while setting the Current Status as 'Soft-Bricked/Bootloop'. After everything, the problem is still there. Here's what I see when I choose 'Restart Bootloader':

• Fastboot Mode
  • Product Name - grouper
  • Variant - grouper
  • HW Version - ER5
  • Bootloader Version - 4.23
  • Serial Number - 015d4...
  • Signing - Not Defined Yet
  • Lock State - Locked

Is there anything, anything at all, that I can do to bring it back or is it gone for good? Any help would be really appreciated!

courtneyftw

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: I Think I've Bricked My Nexus 7, Please Help!

I had a similar issue, but when Kit Kat came out... Bricked upon install.

I posted on another thread recently, with a link to the files on my Drive for repair. .Let me see if I can locate the thread and link to it here!

courtneyftw

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site

Okay.. Found it.

Here is a thread where I posted a fix and it was confirmed. Let me know if it works for you, too!

nameeman333

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site

You have to load drivers from advanced options and unlock the bootloader before flashing, you don't have to root, then reset usb debugging in developer options and then relock the boot loader again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad